Okay so as far as I understand, I think they are more or less the same thing, I mean at least they aim to do the same thing. If in your pocket, pushing any keys won't do anything. But is there anything different between the two (besides the obvious that you initiate and unlock them in difference ways)? Like does putting it in standby conserve more battery or something?
    09-14-09 06:39 PM
    Lock is a security measure, which requires you to put in a password to access your protected data. Standby prevents you from killing your battery and accidental button presses. They ultimately have a similar result if you have your settings set to lock quickly.
    09-14-09 07:12 PM
    The most important thing is if you keep your phone in your pocket you will want to use standby. While in lock mode only, you can still accedently dial 911, however that doesn't happen while in standby mode. As a pocket keeper myself, I find this to be the far better way to go, no dialling 911

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 07:31 PM
    Yes, when I lock my phone, I sometimes still press the mute button and put the phone in standby. I always fear that while in lock I might even inadvertently use up my ten password attempts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD