Hi!...in order to access company e-mail, I have to log into Outlook Web Access. It is not configured for Pop or Imap, and it cant be accessed through desktop outlook, I was told by IT that was done for security reasons. When my partner got a blackberry a few months ago, they told him he needed enterprise, and a special code, and has to pay a few hundred dollars a year for a license to get access. I just got my blackberry, only have the internet service, and was seemingly able to set it up without a problem, no special code, no license. Can some body tell me what the different between the two is, and is there a benefit to the enterprise server? I appreciate any input.
    02-13-09 04:25 PM
    Enterprise is when your hooked up to your company E-Mail through a BES (blackberry enterprise server). The license is for the server side connection. To set your device up under the internet service is free, but you won't get your company E-Mail. Only personal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 04:29 PM
    Thats the impression I was under. But I went to the Verizon Blackberry Internet Service website, where I set up my gmail, and I entered the log in info that I use on my company's outlook web access site, and it worked and I am able to both send and receive e-mails. I am wondering why my partner had to pay a fee and get enterprise, or if there is some benefit to that I am missing.
    02-13-09 04:32 PM
    If ur web access is enabled you can BIS ur email. The benefit of bes is calendar and contact sync as well as security on the server side.

Pm if u need further help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks, appreciate your help, will do.
    02-13-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD