The reason I ask this question is that I showed off my cherished new Curve to a friend (now questionable) and he commented that it was ugly!

I thought back and OMG, I remembered a time when I thought they were ugly too! Now this seems inconceivable. I actually keep taking my berry out of its holster just to look and marvel at it (ok, to check the time as well ). But can you see where I'm going with this? Something subtle must have happened to my brain, because now I even think the fat old brickberrys look cool!

I'm ashamed to say, I used to think blackberrys were ugly. How could I have been so perverted?
    10-10-08 04:12 AM
    lol

The old old old ones weren't the best lookers, but the blackberry image sure has come a long way...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 04:29 AM
    I thought the older units were too bulky but I care more about function and the Curve is not bad IMHO.

10-10-08 05:36 AM
    Indeed, older units looked awful. My curve = beautiful.
    10-10-08 05:58 AM
    Maybe my old 7250, but definitely not the Curve.
    10-10-08 06:38 AM
    The only blackberry that I thought was ugly was Nextel's 7520. That brick was bigger than the 7290, and it had an antenna. Lol. Other than that, I think each berry has a unique, and luxurious look.

10-10-08 06:40 AM
    UGLY? Heck NO!
    10-10-08 07:12 AM
    Blackberries are like babies none are ugly. Some are cuter than others...Then again you ought to see a picture of my brother when he was born!!
    10-10-08 07:13 AM
    You've come a long way Baby!

Attachment 4977
    10-10-08 07:17 AM
    HAHA!! I remember those days!
    10-10-08 07:38 AM
    Omg yes!! When I was first looking for a smart phone they still had the wheel on the side and I didn't like it. I also couldn't figure out how they worked! I went with the PPC 6700 and I am so glad I got a berry now bc that stupid PPC 6700 was the worst phone in history!!

10-10-08 07:43 AM
    In 5 years we will look back and think wow those curves were ugly....
    10-10-08 08:14 AM
    In 5 years we will look back and think wow those curves were ugly....
    By then the Berry will probably be the size of Derek Zoolander's phone...
    10-10-08 09:11 AM
    By then the Berry will probably be the size of Derek Zoolander's phone...
    And we'll have evolved little tiny thumbs
    10-10-08 09:24 AM
    Yeah before I bought my curve I still had the image of the old W_I_D_E berry's in my head and man I thought those were fugly! Talk about a face only a mother could love. Wasn't until a friend of mine bought a Pearl and started showing off all the coolness of it that I researched and finally bought my Curve. My Curve is perfect! Well, almost perfect.
    10-10-08 09:56 AM
    Haha, I wouldn't say I ever thought they were ugly. I definitely think they are more beautiful now that I've been using them for a while though.

10-10-08 10:01 AM
    Yup I agree to this. I used to think the Curve was ugly till I really saw what it could do now I think its perfect.
    I love my phone.

Now when we talk about ugly I think of the 7200, but there not that bad looking considering the time they were out.

10-10-08 10:17 AM
    I never thought the old BBerry was ugly...I just thought it was too big and impractical for my life at the time...plus they didn't have cameras and I'm all about random pictures..but NOW I can't live without it. It's the perfect mix of business and fun and their cameras have flash...well at least my Curve does anyway.
    10-10-08 11:44 AM
    Yeah a friend of mine got a blackberry last year and I can remember thinking 'why would you want THAT? who needs a phone with a full qwerty keyboard? It's so big and ugly!'
    But now I find myself drooling over them... how things change...
    10-11-08 05:03 AM
    My father in law has had a blackberry for as long as I can remember. I used to wonder how he could ever stand to have such an ugly and bulky phone. I said to myself that I would never own one. Then the Curve came out. I ate my words and I couldn't be happier! I thine he even has a curve now since his is for business....but his isn't pink LOL.

10-11-08 05:35 AM
    I have a 7130g and find it quite elegant, solid and very convenient to use.
    10-11-08 06:41 AM
    You've come a long way Baby!

Attachment 4977
    Classic!

I'm trying to work out the scale of the thing. I'm thinking... is it the size of an Etch-a-Sketch?
    10-11-08 07:00 AM
    People tell me I have such a big fone.
    They just don't know.

10-11-08 07:32 AM
    I remember seeing the old big blue ones and going. "I dont care if the darn thing does everything I need, its UGLYYYYYYYY."

Then I seen the pearl's and fell in love <3
    10-11-08 07:43 AM
    I definitely thought the older berries were kinda ugly but the new berries are definitely hot! When I first got my 8830 I had a client who had an old berry & he was afraid to hold the 8830 because it looked so nice lol

10-11-08 10:46 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD