01-11-09 04:08 PM
    check the features on this site
    01-11-09 04:10 PM
    Boy this sure is some conflicting information:
    VZWTechSupport
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8350i (Curve)
    Carrier: Sprint/Nextel
    Just because a tech rep for verizon that does not have verizon as a service doesn't really mean much. I'm a CSR for vzw in the green bay call center and I don't have verizon service. Maybe we don't get as good of deals like store reps do..... Try thinking before ya post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:12 PM
    There is no Wifi in the 9530, it was left out, this has not been disabled. This subject has been beaten to death in the actual storm section of the forums. Check it out.
    01-11-09 04:29 PM
    Well the only real reason why wifi would be good to have is the fact that you cant use data and talk on the phone with Verizon. The problem i usually have is that i am on my phone for lets say an hour and when i finally get off i have like 10 bbm's that came through that i couldnt get while i was on the phone and pin messages or emails dont come through. Now if it had wifi it would most likely allow you to use it while you are on the phone. Now that i have the Bold and returned my storm i can surf the web, bbm, email and talk on the phone all at the same time. Verizon's service doesnt allow that so i'm sure wifi would fix that issue but thats just a guess.
    01-11-09 05:03 PM
    Just because a tech rep for verizon that does not have verizon as a service doesn't really mean much. I'm a CSR for vzw in the green bay call center and I don't have verizon service. Maybe we don't get as good of deals like store reps do..... Try thinking before ya post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did think. I thought that it was kinda odd to have a screen name like that with those service credentials.
    01-11-09 05:16 PM
    Well the only real reason why wifi would be good to have is the fact that you cant use data and talk on the phone with Verizon. The problem i usually have is that i am on my phone for lets say an hour and when i finally get off i have like 10 bbm's that came through that i couldnt get while i was on the phone and pin messages or emails dont come through. Now if it had wifi it would most likely allow you to use it while you are on the phone. Now that i have the Bold and returned my storm i can surf the web, bbm, email and talk on the phone all at the same time. Verizon's service doesnt allow that so i'm sure wifi would fix that issue but thats just a guess.
    I doubt that Wi-Fi would correct any of your complaints here. My BBm's come through just file while I am on the phone as well as text messages. Email's don't come through while I am on the phone though. Wi-Fi is only for the web browser anyhow. It has nothing to do with the rest of the data connections to the phone.
    01-11-09 05:23 PM
    Do you guys think rim will release a better os that will make the browser any faster? I'm runing .75 at the moment I used .85 and it was terrible wouldn't lock right was freezing a lot and a verizon logo would come up all the time.
    01-11-09 05:29 PM
    Do you guys think rim will release a better os that will make the browser any faster? I'm runing .75 at the moment I used .85 and it was terrible wouldn't lock right was freezing a lot and a verizon logo would come up all the time.
    In time they will. One thing that a lot of people here seem to lack is patience. RIM and verizon do things at their own pace. They made you wait for this phone now they are going to make you wait for their updates.
    01-11-09 09:50 PM
    Bet ya the next generation of the Storm has it!
    01-13-09 08:03 AM
    Didn't u check specs on phone before u bought it? If u need wi-fi, buy a wi-fi-enabled phone!!
    01-13-09 08:57 AM
    What are some of the reasons people are so "UPSET" that they don't have WiFi on the storm? I just don't see a point in my day where I think to myself....

"Damn, I wish this had WiFi because....."

And there are numerous posts in the Storm forums of where a person has taken apart their Storm.
    01-13-09 10:36 AM
    That's why these are NOT official releases. In the IT world you set milestones in projects. Those milestones have certain updates/fixes. Once the milestone requirements are met, they slap a new OS build number on it and then throw it over to their internal QC department for testing. If they find more issues (like the LED issue in .86) they document it for the next milestone. That is why whenever an OS is LEAKED (keyword here), they tell you to install at your own risk. Once they feel comfortable enough to put their name on it then they'll officially release it.
    01-13-09 10:37 AM
    So good its a signature ^^^^^^
    01-13-09 04:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD