I guess from now on...... search for t is the best response.
    Dude, how can I post a link of the same web page were in now?
    01-09-14 10:02 AM
    Not digging. I searched and all I could find is j2me, is that a link or what some former or not former employee said?
    Found this as a response on their support forums.

About the OS, it is written in C++ but has an overlay that allows every library to be in Java. Applications run either for BlackBerryOS or for the J2ME runtime environment.
    01-09-14 10:03 AM
    Found this as a response on their support forums.
    Can't find much about what kernel they used.
    01-09-14 10:06 AM
    Dude, how can I post a link of the same web page were in now?
    I was saying link for mars. You could quote it since it's your friend. You must know his user name.
    01-09-14 10:12 AM
    I was saying link for mars. You could quote it since it's your friend. You must know his user name.
    Huh? You lost me.
    01-09-14 10:40 AM
    Huh? You lost me.
    You said your friend that use to work for bbry posted it in this thread?
    01-09-14 10:44 AM
    You said your friend that use to work for bbry posted it in this thread?
    Lol no I didn't say that.
    01-09-14 10:46 AM
    From what I understand from a former employee that posted earlier the core of the OS is C++ not Java.
    Lol no I didn't say that.
    Ok you said a former employee. I must had remembered you talking about a friend that works there awhile back. Non the less I found it on the bbry forum.
    01-09-14 11:38 AM
    Ok you said a former employee. I must had remembered you talking about a friend that works there awhile back. Non the less I found it on the bbry forum.
    So, does that change things knowing that the core of BBOS is C++ and not Java as many people here said?

Isn't C++ widely used and very common language?
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-09-14 11:42 AM
    So, does that change things knowing that the core of BBOS is C++ and not Java as many people here said?

Edit, I do have friends at BB but they have nothing to do with coding.
    01-09-14 11:43 AM

I'm not sure what a core does? The kernel they built on is what I'm interested in.

Edit: I don't know much about operating systems and kernels and all that. But I can not believe that bbry would choose the path they did if they could just improve what they had. C++ is a programming language? but I have no clue how it interacts with different OS's.
    01-09-14 12:00 PM
    Actually it's a well known fact the Bb10 devices do randomly reboot all the time, I've seen my Q10 do it every few days, most people will not notice it but mine was in front of me in a car dock all the time in my line if view (I drive for a living). It's hard to miss the red light coming on followed by the reboot screen.

Also there's a big memory leak problem too, but it has plenty memory now so it doesn't affect it too much.
    So why wasn't BBOS totally fixed after being around so many years? Surely the folks you are implying were capable of re-engineering BBOS are bright enough to have gotten rid of all the systemic memory leaks and other issues after having basically a whole decade to do so. ??

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-09-14 12:02 PM
    Actually it's a well known fact the Bb10 devices do randomly reboot all the time
    If your device is randomly rebooting that much, you need a call with tech support pronto! In my experience, I've had two or three random reboots in the last seven months. 2 or 3 more than there should be, but very different from the regular battery pulls I had to do on my 9900
    01-09-14 12:09 PM
    I'm not sure what a core does? The kernel they built on is what I'm interested in.

Edit: I don't know much about operating systems and kernels and all that. But I can not believe that bbry would choose the path they did if they could just improve what they had. C++ is a programming language? but I have no clue how it interacts with different OS's.
    Oh and the comment I found said both c++ and j2me.
    01-09-14 12:09 PM
    So why wasn't BBOS totally fixed after being around so many years? Surely the folks you are implying were capable of re-engineering BBOS are bright enough to have gotten rid of all the systemic memory leaks and other issues after having basically a whole decade to do so. ??

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    I was just pointing out that the problem wasn't eradicated with the new OS, it's still there to a certain extent. Saying that I've also seen the iphone 5 reboot itself once too.
    01-09-14 12:13 PM
    Actually search the forum for "bb10 memory leak" and you'll see plenty threads about it.

Did they really need a new OS?-capture.png
    (P.S: in quote research will return ... 2 threads, including this one)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-14 12:16 PM
    Oh and the comment I found said both c++ and j2me.
    Did they really need a new OS?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1389291460.876470.jpg
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-14 12:17 PM
    From what I understand from a former employee that posted earlier the core of the OS is C++ not Java.
    confusion between programming language and kernel, probably.
    edit : funny we posted the same ... but I believe BBOS devices have smaller screens

Did they really need a new OS?-capture.png
    MarsupilamiX and web99 like this.
    01-09-14 12:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1389291460.876470.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	237307
    Ok showing my stupid again. C++ is a programming language that runs on may OS's including QNX.

So legacy BBOS is built on a programming language? I never hear iOS was built on C++ or android was built on C++. I always hear about kernels.
    01-09-14 12:24 PM
    Ok showing my stupid again. C++ is a programming language that runs on may OS's including QNX.

So legacy BBOS is built on a programming language? I never hear iOS was built on C++ or android was built on C++. I always hear about kernels.
    that's O.T, but may avoid pages about this.
    And sorry, I'll try to keep it clear simple, so techs and devs may cringe a bit

A programming language is used to invoke the Operating System . Then the operating system will manage all the electronic components to execute a set of instructions, retrieve the result (in "machine language") and return it back in a more workable format. And so on.
    It's a real shortcut. Because the OS is the combination of this "programming language" (C++) and the "engine" that will address the components (Kernel, Java).

OMG, I could get killed for writing this like that ... Saint Fortran, pray for me !
    kbz1960, BigBadWulf, web99 and 2 others like this.
    01-09-14 12:41 PM

A programming language is used to invoke the Operating System . Then the operating system will manage all the electronic components to execute a set of instructions, retrieve the result (in "machine language") and return it back in a more workable format. And so on.

OMG, I could get killed for writing this like that ... Saint Fortran, pray for me !
    So for the discussion then what is BBOS built from? Certainly not C++ then?
    01-09-14 12:46 PM

It's a real shortcut. Because the OS is the combination of this "programming language" (C++) and the "engine" that will address the components (Kernel, Java).

Be sure that the elders will now be seeking your head for attempting to reveal their secrets to the common folk.
    01-09-14 12:51 PM
    I was just pointing out that the problem wasn't eradicated with the new OS, it's still there to a certain extent. Saying that I've also seen the iphone 5 reboot itself once too.
    Yeah and I remember all the old BBOS random reboot threads here on Crackberry. Stick a matchbook between the battery and the phone, etc. Lol. There were plenty of those threads about the Bold 99xx phones.

Yeah BlackBerry 10 ain't perfect but it's only existed as a released product for 1 year. And in the end it's failings (technical ones) are to be blamed on the new team at BlackBerry. The QNX folks.

So then if I were part of the BBOS engineering team and saw the writing on the wall in 2007, why wouldn't I and my team members have committed to revamping the BBOS innards to fix everything. Protect our jobs, etc.?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-09-14 01:06 PM
    Actually search the forum for "bb10 memory leak" and you'll see plenty threads about it.
    It's one thing to find threads about it, quite another to find one showing the leak is a reality. Check each thread in this search.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	204 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	237306
    (P.S: in quote research will return ... 2 threads, including this one)
    Thank you my frenchy french friend.
    01-09-14 01:08 PM
    So for the discussion then what is BBOS built from? Certainly not C++ then?
    Kernel was in C++ (or was it C?) and real time as I recall. But the OS on top of it was Java ME based.

I think.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-14 01:09 PM
316 ... 10111213