The poll on the front of crackberry.com asks how users feel about the outage (the sites words were "outage or outrage"). At the time of this blog post, Nearly 8,000 voted with over 25% saying they are outraged and, "seriously might switch".

Like I said, iPhone 4s is going to clean up and the devastation for RIM looks like it is just beginning. What we saw earlier (mass market erosion, jobs being cut, and huge stock drop) looks to be the warmup. If they don't turn it around soon they are done.

I certainly hope they can turn it around but doesn't look good.
    10-13-11 07:43 AM
    Arrogant & lazy is what happened.
    They haven't seemed to care.
    10-13-11 08:02 AM
    I'm assuming that for most of those people reality will set in and they will realize that they have a contract with their provider and may have to pay several hundred dollars to get out of it. Plus they're fooling themselves if they think other phone makers don't have their own issues.

If not on a contract, well then that's a different story.
    10-13-11 08:04 AM
    Meh. Emile Durkheim once said "habit puts curiosity to sleep." While we're not talking about curiosity here, I think the quote applies because habit puts all kinds of things to sleep.

Once service is restored, most of the people that are raging now will fall back into their routine and all will be forgotten. Sure, you'll get a few that are willing to drop a bundle to buy out of their contract and get into an iPhone, but I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of those were headed that direction anyway.
    10-13-11 09:55 AM
    There's no way I'm going to iOS just because of this outage.
    10-13-11 10:00 AM
    iphone users are pathetic
    10-13-11 10:02 AM
    iphone users are pathetic
    You seem like a ray of sunshine.

Calling users pathetic for owning a certain device sure is a nice thing to say.
    10-13-11 10:05 AM
    People have the right to moan, groan, compain about the lack of service RIM provided in these last few days. BIS users pay for services & devices to be reliable. When these services are no longer reliable, why should they pay for second class service? If people want to switch to more reliable platforms, they have the right.
    10-13-11 10:14 AM
    People have the right to switch, of course, to a more "reliable" platform. Let's hope they bounce, not flounce.
    10-13-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD