I am new to CB forums (though i have been lurking for years) they won't let me post links or photos.

Go on @Blackberry on twitter and they recently Retweeted a Fox New's tweet quoting one of their presenters saying she is switching to blackberry. It's a video.

Here's whats wrong with it.
    I personally don't know which unqualified 1st year university student blackberry has hired to manage their twitter account. I encourage you all to go find the video and see for yourself. If blackberry is really that desperate for users and on air publicity I can't tell.

I think you all will agree with me that this is not a step that the company should have taken. I bet they didn't even watch the video and just saw "I'm going back to blackberry" as part of a Fox News tweet and that qualified for a RT.

Unfortunately, when a big tech company RTs something its not a simple retweet, they are taking a stance on that issue. Even though the CEO's stance on this matter is government friendly than that of Apple and Google's, that doesn't mean you go supporting an ignorant Fox news presenter. She was about to be interrupted by someone (definitely more intellectual) who was going to elaborate and say the matter is not so black and white.

Most importantly, for everyone who has been following this debate. It should be noted that the FBI is longing to set a precedent because they could go hack the device themselves, they have developed tools for this sort of thing. BUT they won't be able to do it under 10 password tried (>10 tries will erase the phone) so they want the next iteration of iOS to remove the erase function so if need be they could try as many password combinations. That's what they are asking for. the removal of the erase all function. I think we can all agree removing that could lead to some big implications for all those who store private information on their phones.

If you are not sure which side you stand on the debate I leave you with these questions.
    1. We all remember the iCloud leak, so is it okay for the government to have access to our private information. Can it be possible for any party (other than the user) have backdoor access that doesn't open the device up for security attacks.
    2. If you are okay with the US government forcing apple to make changes to their security. How would you feel if a foreign government such as Russia or China asks them to do the same? if apple agrees to this they will have to agree to further requests from governments of countries where they sell their phones because now there will be precedent.
    02-18-16 02:44 PM
    Our phones, our data...! :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    02-18-16 02:47 PM
    Our phones, our data...! :-D

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    I made another thread on it, but it was not his phone, it was his employer's phone. The employer should have had it on BES12 or equivalent and then when the FBI asked, the employer could have complied.
    02-18-16 02:58 PM
    It is for sure an interesting topic. Our homes are our own and information as well. When people commit mass murder what liberties should they give up? Their homes are immediately searched as are their personal affects. I agree our data is our data. But this is not a clear cut case. If they can glean information that could prevent or stop a future mass murder and one of those persons potentially targeted was a loved one would our stance change? It's a difficult subject for sure just not certain of the boundaries or limitations. Unfortunately the terrorists are using our liberties they despise against us.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    02-18-16 03:00 PM
    Desperate and beyond stupid for them to RT that. But again, not a first for them when it comes to either of those words.
    LazyEvul and MikeX74 like this.
    02-18-16 03:39 PM
    Desperate and beyond stupid for them to RT that. But again, not a first for them when it comes to either of those words.
    Desperation is quickly becoming a way of life for BlackBerry.
    02-18-16 05:11 PM
    If I had a company I wouldn't want to even be associated with anything Fox News 'reports'. This is stupid on multiple levels.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-18-16 09:41 PM
    Fox News though... lmao major faux pas BlackBerry, major.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 08:52 PM
    Why not.. apple has always stabbed BlackBerry. What ever it takes. Buisiness is buisiness these days

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 12:11 AM
    The RT was a disgrace. The straw that broke the camels back for many. My straw was a while back when Chen criticised Apple for having law enforcement proof security.

But for those more forgiving, Chen has more to come. He will someday convince even his most loyal fans that he is the harbinger of death for blackberry.

Xperia Z5 / Android 5.1.1 / T-Mobile USA
    02-21-16 03:17 AM
    Even though I am no fan of Chen, I have no issue at all with him throwing shade at Apple. I have not been fond of the Apple brand after the death of Jobs so keep throwing shade Chen! You have my support.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:29 AM
    The RT was a disgrace. The straw that broke the camels back for many. My straw was a while back when Chen criticised Apple for having law enforcement proof security.

But for those more forgiving, Chen has more to come. He will someday convince even his most loyal fans that he is the harbinger of death for blackberry.

Xperia Z5 / Android 5.1.1 / T-Mobile USA
    Chairman Chen is trying to destroy BlackBerry smartphones while betting the house on a pure software and services play. anyone have a spare drone with armaments?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-22-16 08:37 PM
    Why not.. apple has always stabbed BlackBerry. What ever it takes. Buisiness is buisiness these days

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it really has anything to do with stabbing Apple, it's basically saying that BB is aligning itself with Fox News, which was a stupid thing to do.

All companies do it to each other, but at least know what you are backing before you jump in and get excited at some ***** reporter saying "I'm going back to Blackberry."

Let's be honest here though, that's all Blackberry saw and jumped on it. The previous comments by the reporter could have been "Apple doesn't support the murder of first born children, so I'm switching back to Blackberry." Blackberry would have jumped on it and retweeted it as a win. Whoever runs that Twitter account is God awful.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-23-16 at 04:33 PM.
    Doggerz, MikeX74 and reeneebob like this.
    02-22-16 08:52 PM