Anyone buying a BB10 phone in 2017 - heck, in 2015 - is well aware of BB10's situation. You had to work too hard to buy one, and those outside of the greater Toronto area have likely never seen another one in the wild.

BB10 phones have been sold at closeout prices for over a year, and most people are fully aware that a tech product, by its very nature, has a limited life span.

BB will support your 1-year warranty, but that support is very likely to consist of advice to "use an autoloader". Since that seems to work consistently, there is no real reason to do more. Again, they have left the smartphone market, so it isn't like they're worried about retaining you as a customer.

As of the most recent quarterly report, BB is down to 16M active devices worldwide, with most being in Indonesia and South Africa, and most being BBOS. That's a loss rate of about 2M per quarter. BB isn't stressing about it - they long ago accepted that it was inevitable. Thus the move to Android.

Believing that BB owes you anything more - and certainly believing you'll get it - is just setting yourself up for disappointment and generating false hope for others.
    BB10 is working perfectly on 10.3.3 for most people. The exceptions are likely due to the wide range of methods used by people to add Android apps (BlackBerry World, Amazon App Store, side loading APKS, Cobalt's Google Play Services work around, etc.)

Running stock BB10 and only running apps from BlackBerry World, the OTA updates have been fine.

If you want a bunch of modern Android apps on your phone, the time has come to leave Bb10 behind, but if you accept it's restrictions, it's solid.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-02-17 02:18 PM
    Ummmm...except no one is talking about development. This is a customer support issue. And yeah, if you're the IT guy who bought a fleet of BlackBerry devices for your company what options do you have? Get the phones working or you're fired. BlackBerry does not believe it owes any such commitment to its consumer customers and obviously is hanging them out to dry. And for corporate accounts...let the IT guy fiddle with Autoloaders so he can save his neck and some dignity. That is not an acceptable thing for any company to do. Who cares if BB10 development supposedly ended in 2014 when in 2017 you could still buy a BB10 device, directly from BlackBerry, under warranty? Your attitude in this regard is simply laughable.
    When I first started in the Tech industry in the late 80s. The common phrase for many was "no one was ever fired for buying from IBM". IT people who have buying authority are expected to use wise judgment. At no time since BB10 was released was there a good time for organizations to adopt BB10. To standardize on a new product without doing a lot of field testing is crazy. Any company testing BB10 1.x knew the product was not ready for prime time.

By the time 2.1 was released in the summer of 2014 the future was already dark. Anyone staking their jobs on a mobile OS with no support from the mainstream MDM suppliers and other enterprise mobile products was making a big gamble. In addition, the fiancial health of any supplier is a critical criteria when picking a product. The tech world is littered with failed products, many of them were great technology, some even category leading technology. They failed for many reasons, bad timing, released before they were ready, or they tried to break into a crowded market with established vendors. Along side these failed products are IT people let go because they spent a lot of money on failed IT projects based on failed tech products.

IT people who venture off the well traveled technology paths of established vendors do so at the risk of their jobs. The payoff can be great if it works but can be disastrous to the person and company when it fails.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-02-17 04:17 PM
    Ummmm...except no one is talking about development. This is a customer support issue. And yeah, if you're the IT guy who bought a fleet of BlackBerry devices for your company what options do you have? Get the phones working or you're fired. BlackBerry does not believe it owes any such commitment to its consumer customers and obviously is hanging them out to dry. And for corporate accounts...let the IT guy fiddle with Autoloaders so he can save his neck and some dignity. That is not an acceptable thing for any company to do. Who cares if BB10 development supposedly ended in 2014 when in 2017 you could still buy a BB10 device, directly from BlackBerry, under warranty? Your attitude in this regard is simply laughable.
    When I first started in the Tech industry in the late 80s. The common phrase for many was "no one was ever fired for buying from IBM". IT people who have buying authority are expected to use wise judgment. At no time since BB10 was released was there a good time for organizations to adopt BB10. To standardize on a new product without doing a lot of field testing is crazy. Any company testing BB10 1.x knew the product was not ready for prime time.

By the time 2.1 was released in the summer of 2014 the future was already dark. Anyone staking their jobs on a mobile OS with no support from the mainstream MDM suppliers and other enterprise mobile products was making a big gamble. In addition, the fiancial health of any supplier is a critical criteria when picking a product. The tech world is littered with failed products, many of them were great technology, some even category leading technology. They failed for many reasons, bad timing, released before they were ready, or they tried to break into a crowded market with established vendors. Along side these failed products are IT people let go because they spent a lot of money on failed IT projects based on failed tech products.

IT people who venture off the well traveled technology paths of established vendors do so at the risk of their jobs. The payoff can be great if it works but can be disastrous to the person and company when it fails.
    05-02-17 05:03 PM

I was not faulting IT admins for buying the product, I was faulting BlackBerry for letting corporate IT departments be the only functional arm of its support division. Most consumers stuck with these phones, when they run into issues, are totally lost. Some would say they deserve to be. I disagree. And I say shame on BlackBerry for mistreating their customers in this manner. The criticism is well-deserved.
    05-02-17 06:42 PM
    (Double post)
    05-02-17 06:42 PM
    My passport resets sometimes, hangs and allready twice the keyboard stops working.

It seems there are bugs in 10.3.3 but no upfate yet. Seems android has more prio at the new launch of the KEYone, after that I expect a good update

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 04:40 PM
    My passport resets sometimes, hangs and allready twice the keyboard stops working.

It seems there are bugs in 10.3.3 but no upfate yet. Seems android has more prio at the new launch of the KEYone, after that I expect a good update

Posted via CB10
    If you get another update it will be the last one. As such it should be smaller in scope than 10.3.3 because there won't be any chance to fix it next time. Surely even the optimists can see this. The sensible thing to do is wait for the impatient folks to update first and see if it is worth doing.
    05-05-17 06:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried a clean install with an autoloader, with no data restore afterwards.? That may be the only way to fix your issues. BlackBerry can only test for a finite set of scenarios, which they almost certainly did. But many users have used lots of tricks and workarounds to load Android software. And that may be the cause of the issues some users have experienced.

Just like with Windows, a clean install is the best way to address nagging problems.

05-05-17 08:48 PM
    And yes there is an update coming, BB10.3.4, but as for a correction, BlackBerry obviously knows there's major issues with its latest OS update, and I would assume they are working on a fix.
    There has been absolutely no indication that there has been ANY development on BB10 for several months - neither 10.3.3 nor 10.3.4. Only a single build (10.3.3.2454, Feb3) has appeared on the BlackBerry servers since Dec 12th's batch of 10.3.3.2205-2241.

In the fall of 2015, BlackBerry announced that BB10 would be supported for another year, with 10.3.3 scheduled for March 2016, and 10.3.4 scheduled for Dec of 2016. Since 10.3.3 did not come out until Dec 2016, I suspect that is it.
    Last edited by conite; 05-05-17 at 09:29 PM.
    05-05-17 09:04 PM
    There has been absolutely no indication that there has been ANY development on BB10 for several months - neither 10.3.3 nor 10.3.4. Only a single build (10.3.3.2454, Feb3) has appeared on the BlackBerry servers since Dec 12th's 10.3.3.2205.

In the fall of 2015, BlackBerry announced that BB10 would be supported for another year, with 10.3.3 scheduled for March 2016, and 10.3.4 scheduled for Dec of 2016. Since 10.3.3 did not come out until Dec 2016, I suspect that is it.
    It seems that, just as some people get hung up on numbers for SOCs, they get hung up on version numbers for incremental updates.

Honestly, from a maintenance perspective, I'm not sure what is left on the to do list for BB10. The only OS component that doesn't work as well as it did at launch in 2013 is the browser, and I can't imagine them updating that for those of us left in the declining user base unless they could monetize it somehow.

05-05-17 09:20 PM
    Don't listen to him, he's already made it quite clear, he's Anti BB10.
    I love this stuff.
    05-06-17 12:47 PM
    No issue on any of my BB10 devices.

Use an autoloader for a fresh install, and you should be fine.
    Dear Conite,
    I would like to know if is there a contract date with Google for the BB10 Play Store still working or stop?
    Thanks
    09-23-17 11:41 PM
    The last update from February till now do fine! The only problems we have sometimes is with the oldie android emulator engine. That's makes some apps to not work. But if you use different app source as amazon appstore, Yalp, Aptoide, and create browser shortcut for mobile site... you don't missed nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 12:54 AM
    Dear Conite,
    I would like to know if is there a contract date with Google for the BB10 Play Store still working or stop?
    Thanks
    Blackberry doesn't have a bb10 playstore
    They never had offical access except for Amazon
    If you meantheir own bb10 app store for bb10 native apps that has nothing to do with google
    It's how long blackberry plans to spend the money to keep it up
    09-24-17 01:40 PM
    Have you tried a clean install with an autoloader, with no data restore afterwards.? That may be the only way to fix your issues. BlackBerry can only test for a finite set of scenarios, which they almost certainly did. But many users have used lots of tricks and workarounds to load Android software. And that may be the cause of the issues some users have experienced.

Just like with Windows, a clean install is the best way to address nagging problems.

I agree with you. Seems not to be the the OS version but something happened in the update process...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 12:28 AM
90 ... 234