Not sure who all has seen this or has the daily calendar (which my coworker does), but there is a book called The Dictionary of Corporate BS that does practical definitions of things found in the workplace. Well she came to me last week with one made for the BlackBerry and this was too good not to share:

BlackBerry: A handheld electronic device that is now most commonly referred to as a "CrackBerry" due to its highly addictive nature; a tool of the devil, as it allows anyone to contact you anywhere; inspiration for an entirely new electronic etiquette, which includes responding within 24 hours of receiving a message, not using one while in meetings (a courtesy ignored by 97.3 percent of users), and understanding/tolerating abrupt and curt responses.

Fitting, I know
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-23-08 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Language. Keep it family friendly.
    09-23-08 10:57 AM
    Excellent!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 11:16 AM
    Too funny! I remember I was in a training class about two years ago at work. Was fine with my regular old Samsung cell phone. Had never even thought about a BB.

The instructor asked if anyone knew the "other" name for a Blackberry. I was the only one who responded with Crackberry! lol

Now I'm one of them and couldn't be happier. lol
    09-23-08 11:30 AM
    BlackBerry: A handheld electronic device that is now most commonly referred to as a "CrackBerry" due to its highly addictive nature; a tool of the devil, as it allows anyone to contact you anywhere; inspiration for an entirely new electronic etiquette, which includes responding within 24 hours of receiving a message, not using one while in meetings (a courtesy ignored by 97.3 percent of users), and understanding/tolerating abrupt and curt responses.
    ROFLMAO! That is too perfect! We have our team meetings and you can *always* tell the BB users... They're the ones with their heads down and hands under the table!
    09-23-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD