The fact that my crackberry parses phone numbers and turns them into links is quite useful.

Most of the times when I need to call a number that's not in my address book, however, the number is a conference dial-in, which typically appears in email or as a meeting location, and looks like
    1.800.123.4567 #12345678
    or
    (800)-123-4567, passcode: 12345678
    or something like that. So while driving I can pretty safely dial the phone number part, but then I start swerving into other lanes as I attempt to switch back to the calendar app, remember the passcode, switch to the dialing screen, and punch it in.

Is there (1) a way to get my crackberry to locate the trailing passcode and dial it, and/or (2) a way to write out a phone number + code so that a blackberry will turn the entire thing into a link?

P.S. Yes, I know you can create an address book entry with pauses in it, but I don't want to do that every time some customer asks me to dial in to a meeting.
    02-25-08 05:03 PM
    Type the number like this 1-800-999-9999 x 123456#

By typing the x you will be prompted with a screen and just depress the scrollwheel. My pin numbers are so long I can't remember them when dialing.

This little trick has saved me a car wreck or two.....
    03-03-08 07:55 PM
    Here is an app that handles the invite (or email message) with a variety of dial-in and passcode formats:

BlackBerry App World - DialMeIn

Try it and let me know if it helps you!
    01-17-11 01:12 PM
    Thanks for spamming your app all over and bumping up ANCIENT threads.
    01-17-11 01:24 PM
    Hahahaha! Nice compliment to a Spamming Gravedigger MM! Lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD