That has been my view as well. Keeping the view point of BlackBerry and it's worldwide plans instead of just the US way of thinking coming out with more qwerty devices than full touch devices makes sense. The legacy devices that out sold BB10 were mainly qwerty devices so folks made a choice to use qwerty instead of full touch. Innovation with both qwerty and full touch will be the key. That's why I'm so excited about the Q30 and it's new keyboard features.

Posted via Z30 C001F29E5
    Did legacy out sell BB10 because the Q5 was too expensive and the Q10 was BlackBerry enough? Or was it because neither had BIS? Or because companies have not upgraded to allow BB10?

The right form factor, the right price, and the right hardware features are important. But with four devices in the market and only a trickle in sales, I think there is more to the problem than just the devices.

Posted via Android Powered CrackBerry App via SNAP
    05-05-14 05:58 AM
    Oh well that makes it fact.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the fact that Chen said something means that he actually said it. Congrats on your grasp of reading comprehension.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 06:32 AM
    So did Market Research tell them to make the Z10 and Z30, or did they just start doing it recently? Seems kinda strange that if they have indeed done proper market research that they would have started with the Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z30, and that it also told them to now make a Classic and 5" Qwerty devices.

So either they were negligent before, or are grasping now.

Posted via CB10
    That was pre Chen so take a guess. My guess is that they were simply trying to imitate android and iOS. Pre Chen, they were also trying to target consumers. The small form factor of the z10 was research driven though.

They were misfocused then and driven now. Grasping now just means that you have had blinders on since Chen was hired.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 06:37 AM
    Yes, the fact that Chen said something means that he actually said it. Congrats on your grasp of reading comprehension.

Posted via CB10
    Saying something and delivering on what you said are two different things. BlackBerry execs have a horrible issue with the delivering part. But continue hoping the post Chen pre Chen thoughts. I bet I can find many a thread about pre Thor.

Posted via CB10
    chr1sny likes this.
    05-05-14 11:49 AM
    Saying something and delivering on what you said are two different things. BlackBerry execs have a horrible issue with the delivering part. But continue hoping the post Chen pre Chen thoughts. I bet I can find many a thread about pre Thor.

Posted via CB10
    So what you are saying is that you don't know.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 01:04 PM
    Heard the Z30 is back ordered until the end of June on the employee purchase plan at least. For the right price you can sell anything!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:00 PM
    Would you go to a 5" screen with qwerty keyboard? Because that is rumored to be the next device.

And if not you, don't take it personally but Bbry actually does market research. They aren't making it based on hope.

Posted via CB10
    As a keyboard fan, I'd sure like to get my hands on one. I prefer a hard keyboard. If they do it correctly, I think Blackberry can turn some heads. A fully updated OS and at least "some" carrier support would be nice.

I've loaded a number of leaks because as an ATT user I knew I could not count on the carrier. Most folks (people not on this board) are not going to load leaks. The incremental changes in the leaks are important to me.

Would a 5" QWERTY save BlackBerry? Probably not, but it would make some users take a second look at BB10.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:54 PM
    Oh okay good, I figured you would said no, well when can you do this recording!? Can't wait to hear it!
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    LOL It will happen when Habs get next Cup so its going to be a little while. Go Kings!
    05-08-14 05:05 PM
    I emailed this to a couple of people at my job today, as were told yesterday we were exiting BlackBerry by 2015 for another platform. I about puked, and continued listening. All the while thinking, someone is going to eat that bill in a few years. And today, we get this news. I about fell out of my chair laughing. Irony, love it.

Posted from my big black beautiful BLACKBERRY Z30!!! Damn, I love this phone!!!
    05-08-14 05:11 PM
    I love the Z30 but the idea of a bigger Z10 with this battery life is very appealing, specially because the Z10 screen is so much better. About size I think BlackBerry should cover all bases, 4'5"-.7" and a bigger Z30 too.

Posted via CB10
    Umm... a 4'5" is a 4 foot 5 inch phone. And .7" is a phone about three-quarters of an inch. Interesting dimensions. I would say the price range for those would be $50-$5,000,000. Just a rough guess. Plus they would be a pain in the arse to use. You would need help for both. One to get help to dial, the other to find.

Posted via my super-duper Z10
    05-08-14 11:52 PM
    I don't disagree with you regarding specs. While I'm happy with the 720p screen on the Z30 and the 8MP camera; it should have been 1080p and 13MP. Those specs actually would have made the phone well worth the price.

From what I can tell, we should be getting something like a quad-core Snapdragon 801 with an Adreno 330 5.2" BB10 with at least a 13MP camera. If that is launched this year, it could do well - especially if it has the Paratek antenna, 802.11ac and better speakers than the Z30. It requires a good bit of marketing though.

I don't find my Z10 lagging behind my fianc�e's Samsung S4 - she prefers using my phone for things because it is so much smoother and the browser isn't a heap of s**t. My colleagues also find my Z10 smoother than their Androids...though you can all just claim that I'm lying.
    I don't think anyone will say you're lying however, it does appear that your fianc�e and colleagues would be in the minority, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing the millions of Samsung phone sales that we do. Also just an FYI to your fianc�e if the stock browser is not to her liking there are dozens of alternatives (including chrome) available on the play store that would greatly improve her browsing experience.
    05-09-14 06:59 AM
    i hate to say it too, but blackberry has to leave the 1:1 aspect devices behind. That screen size is simply unacceptable for today - on so many levels.

However, that does not mean that there is not a market for those who prefer a keyboard. Blackberry just needs to make a slider for that market so that people can have the best of both worlds with a full screen, perhaps a tool belt and a keyboard.

Posted via cb10
    sliderrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z10stl100-2/10.2.1.2141 o2 uk
    05-10-14 01:21 AM
    This is all about customer retention. They want to keep clients using BES. They have created a great upgrade path to BES12. At the same time, they appear to have asked their existing clients: what kind of devices do you need/want? The key to Product Management isn't marketing/sales - it's listening to your clients to build what they need/want.

As I always say to people within a company making software: your opinion, while interesting, is irrelevant. It's the opinion of our clients/prospects that is important.

If they have that focus, then and only then can things go better.

If an organization has thousands of BBOS devices, they have to have a damn good reason to change. Change management is a *****...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 12:52 PM
    Yuck.

Don't you mean the worst of both worlds? Lack of portability, and an extreme lack of portability for a screen thats 5 inches AND is still an inferior experience to a tablet? Honestly id rather have a flip, of a tablet with a keyboard case - but for my phone, I don't want a 5 inch screen.

A 6.5-6.8 inch tablet with a keyboard case that fits in a jacket pocket would be cool though.

The last thing id want is a slider for my hardware keys. Most I need is a 3.5 inch screen on a phone with hardware keys, or 4.5 inches on a phone without them.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-11-14 at 04:40 AM.
    05-11-14 04:03 AM
114 ... 345