Lol...yeah...I am going to record my friend and put their voice on the net while they still work there.

Posted via CB10
    Clippers owner Donald Sterling wishes he had friends like you.
    04-27-14 04:20 PM
    The things I pick up tell me that the Classic, Windermere and Ontario should all land September-November 2014. However, none of them are direct successors to the Z10, the full touch screen being 5". Windermere should have a 4.5" screen, but it's both square and on top of a physical keyboard.

The Cafe series would have been the same size as the Z10, but the internals are a downgrade compared to the Z10.
    zephyr613 and eldricho like this.
    04-27-14 04:30 PM
    Don't know why you want a improved Z30? Does it lag? No. Doesn't need a faster processor. Does it freeze? No. Doesn't need more RAM. Is the sound quality great. Yup. Doesn't need new speakers. Is the screen clear and you can't see pixels. Yes. Doesn't need a better screen. So how can they make a much improved Z30?
    From everything I read on here the majority of users think the Z30 is good enough as is. While that might be true the phone needs to eventually be upgraded, typical life cycles of a phone.

For all those that think it's good enough and you don't need such high end specs I have one word for you, PLAYBOOK!!! Technology changes, more rapidly today then ever and that speed is only accelerating. While the device may be awesome, to say that it won't need to be improved on is somewhat foolish and will certainly not bode well for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by trueberrian; 04-27-14 at 05:49 PM.
    CDM76 and JeepBB like this.
    04-27-14 04:48 PM
    Agreed....loving the screen on this Z30 I switched to yesterday but not sure if I will not be switching back to my Z10. I can't balance this phone in one hand and reach everything with my thumb while driving, listening to the radio and drinking a coffee. The screen is too large for my hands except for when I can use both to type.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Makes me nervous though that other companies are pushing out phones larger than 5 inches. BlackBerry has to compete, right? Sure something between the Z10 and Z30 makes sense with awesome specs, but there are so many directions this could go. And does the QWERTY referred to have to be the BlackBerry Classic/Q20 or is there actually 2 new ones? That would be interesting as well. Would Q10 users see the Classic as an upgrade if their already use to no tool belt? I guess with a bigger screen, maybe? So your info if true is intriguing but leaves more questions than answers. Good info either way.

Posted with my Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    04-27-14 04:51 PM
    Your out of touch with the high end market. When released both the Z10 and Z30 were behind the tech standard. Dual core, not quad. Low res screen. Low res camera etc.

Both need improvements.

Also the Z10 is out selling both the Q10 and Z30.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    I don't play the spec game to brag to my friends or make me feel better. Dual core vs Quad core. Does BB10 lag and will the quad core make any visible difference without affecting battery life? A low res screen that is still better than someone with 20/20 vision can view? What is the use of that? A low res camera that capture more pixels than you can view on your desktop monitor. A 8MP camera takes a lot more detail than you can use and do you actually send someone 8MP images to friends? And please show us where you found data to say that Z30 is outselling the Q10 and Z10?
    04-27-14 05:01 PM
    After using the Z30 for a couple of months now....not sure I can go back to the Z10 now. Everything seems so small. May be they can reduce the size of the phone by cutting the bezel (like the Z3), but the 5inch isn't as big as I thought it would be...
    04-27-14 05:50 PM
    A better, bigger z10 would be great! I love the Z but the battery life is awful. If they could fit a battery like the one the Note 3 has in a slightly larger z10.. that would be a great phone. I have big hands and can mostly use my Note one handed (I'd never ever try to use it while driving), so you can imagine why a somewhat larger z10 might be the perfect compromise for people reluctant to get the z30. It would make sense to release one sometime this year. People like the Z10 so an upgraded version with modern specs would be so ideal right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:16 PM
    I don't play the spec game to brag to my friends or make me feel better. Dual core vs Quad core. Does BB10 lag and will the quad core make any visible difference without affecting battery life? A low res screen that is still better than someone with 20/20 vision can view? What is the use of that? A low res camera that capture more pixels than you can view on your desktop monitor. A 8MP camera takes a lot more detail than you can use and do you actually send someone 8MP images to friends? And please show us where you found data to say that Z30 is outselling the Q10 and Z10?
    Sorry but your the rare bird. Look at the top selling phones and their specs. Just because you don't need specs doesn't mean many other don't as well. Cellular phone sale stats prove your rare and not main stream in that thought. Specs and performance sells.
    Lower specs will be the EOL of these first Gen BlackBerry 10 phones.
    How can you even think that as BlackBerry goes down the tubes?!?!

And yes the Z10 is slower compared to the leading phones. It seems slow to me.

As for my numbers look at the CB polls etc. Prove me wrong, if you can.

04-27-14 07:39 PM
    Agreed....loving the screen on this Z30 I switched to yesterday but not sure if I will not be switching back to my Z10. I can't balance this phone in one hand and reach everything with my thumb while driving, listening to the radio and drinking a coffee. The screen is too large for my hands except for when I can use both to type.

Posted via CB10
    Am I the only one who caught this? Lol cmon OP. No electronics when driving!
    04-27-14 07:50 PM
    Sorry but your the rare bird. Look at the top selling phones and their specs. Just because you don't need specs doesn't mean many other don't as well. Cellular phone sale stats prove your rare and not main stream in that thought. Specs and performance sells.
    Lower specs will be the EOL of these first Gen BlackBerry 10 phones.
    How can you even think that as BlackBerry goes down the tubes?!?!
    And yes the Z10 is slower compared to the leading phones. It seems slow to me.
    As for my numbers look at the CB polls etc. Prove me wrong, if you can.
    Sorry,

The facts are that a vast majority of people who buy these phones don't have a single clue about specs. I asked people and friends who don't work in the IT industry and not a single one could tell me the specs for their phones. IPhones actually have low specs for screen resolution, size of screen, RAM and features like NFC, etc. Yet they sell. I am sure that posters will say that iPhones are different and they don't need specs to sell. So the fact is specs don't sell except the those that want to brag that they have the latest (although most won't be able to give the specs for the phones).

Please show us the numbers to prove that your Z10 is slower in use than other leading phones. What did use for testing that slowness?
    04-27-14 09:02 PM
    Sorry,

The facts are that a vast majority of people who buy these phones don't have a single clue about specs. I asked people and friends who don't work in the IT industry and not a single one could tell me the specs for their phones. IPhones actually have low specs for screen resolution, size of screen, RAM and features like NFC, etc. Yet they sell. I am sure that posters will say that iPhones are different and they don't need specs to sell. So the fact is specs don't sell except the those that want to brag that they have the latest (although most won't be able to give the specs for the phones).

Please show us the numbers to prove that your Z10 is slower in use than other leading phones. What did use for testing that slowness?
    I'd have to agree that most folks have no clue what specs are on their phones. And also that higher specs don't always equal better performance. Any samsung owner should be able to tell you that. But I do think BlackBerry needs to be more competitive in regard to specs. I love my Z10 and it runs great but BlackBerry needs the tech bloggers and the sales folks behind them. That means they need competitive specs vs android phones.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-27-14 09:12 PM
    I hope this is true. Though based on the leaks thus far I'm much more interested in the classic then I am the Q30. I haven't gotten the chance to try out the Z10 yet but I'm hoping to get one this weekend. Its technically a mother's day gift, but I feel like being a crappy son and test driving it for a couple days.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 09:16 PM
    I'd have to agree that most folks have no clue what specs are on their phones. And also that higher specs don't always equal better performance. Any samsung owner should be able to tell you that. But I do think BlackBerry needs to be more competitive in regard to specs. I love my Z10 and it runs great but BlackBerry needs the tech bloggers and the sales folks behind them. That means they need competitive specs vs android phones.

Posted via CB10
    Specs may not necessarily sell phones directly, but the reviewers will mention it, people will go by what reviewers say, and that will be the influence. And those who are lost are probably going to walk into a Verizon (or AT&T, T-Mobile, etc) store, look at the specs on the card, and go by that. Specs are definitely important.

As far as iPhones and such go (addressing Omnitech), the latest iPhone has some better specs than the latest BlackBerry. And, with iPhones, they have a reputation for being easy to use and that they "just work", and they do.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-27-14 09:17 PM
    Android users buy specs.
    Iphone users buy brand (cr@p, there are still idiots buying the iphone 4S)

It would be great if BB users would buy into the experience of Bb10.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-27-14 09:30 PM
    Record the voice, apply pitch shift and bam! Then there is no risk.
    Still, it HAS to have a keyboard if I am to use it... even if the screen is taller or a bit wider, couldn't care less... just needs to work. (happy with my Q10 despite one thing, the partially discalibrated touch screen).

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-27-14 09:48 PM
    From everything I read on here the majority of users think the Z30 is good enough as is. While that might be true the phone needs to eventually be upgraded, typical life cycles of a phone.

For all those that think it's good enough and you don't need such high end specs I have one word for you, PLAYBOOK!!! Technology changes, more rapidly today then ever and that speed is only accelerating. While the device may be awesome, to say that it won't need to be improved on is somewhat foolish and will certainly not bode well for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. The majority of people who bought a Z30 think it is good enough. Since almost nobody other than the BlackBerry faithful purchased the Z30 that sampling is almost non-existent and certainly doesn't extrapolate to the majority of the market.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    JeepBB and eyesopen1111 like this.
    04-27-14 10:00 PM
    Specs may not necessarily sell phones directly, but the reviewers will mention it, people will go by what reviewers say, and that will be the influence. And those who are lost are probably going to walk into a Verizon (or AT&T, T-Mobile, etc) store, look at the specs on the card, and go by that. Specs are definitely important.

As far as iPhones and such go (addressing Omnitech), the latest iPhone has some better specs than the latest BlackBerry. And, with iPhones, they have a reputation for being easy to use and that they "just work", and they do.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    OK. You basically repeated what I just said.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:26 PM
    I can't wait to see what BlackBerry offers in 2017

Q10 & Loaner Q5 for two Weeks
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-27-14 10:35 PM
    I know I was trying to be funny, but I guess I'm not very good lol

Posted via CB10
    I think it's funny your a habsfan

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:00 PM
    I would like better names. Q10 and Z10 make sense but Q5 and Z30 don't. IMO, something like Z10 S for Z30 and Q10 C for Q5 would have been better. I'm not saying those are the best possible names but it's just an example. The Z3 could have been Z10 C. IMO, Z3 also doesn't make sense. And I still say everything phone from now on should be 16:9 even if its qwerty. 1:1 is not smart at all.

Oh, and the only thing the Z30, for example, "needs" to match the competitions flagships are better rear camera, replaceable battery, faster boot up time and I think that's it. Just because other phones are quad core doesn't mean every phone has to now. Bb10 apparently doesn't need quad core but android does.
    04-28-14 12:30 AM
    A high end touch to replace my Z10 I want to see.

Posted via CB10
    LOL....A high end larger QWERTY to replace my Q10 is what I want see.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 12:38 AM
    Specs definitely matter. Everyone seems to have forgotten that running Android apps is important to many BlackBerry users, and my Z10 is a slower performer than even last year's flagship Androids, including my HTC One m7.

So BlackBerry needs to close the spec gap, the availability gap, and carrier relations gap. It's absurd to think that you can win, or even survive, against such fierce competition if you do not put out a device that can better match up with top devices. Actually, the goal is to leave the competition in the dust, not justify why you can "get away" with an 8 MP camera, 720p screen, etc.!

Launch a respectable (by 2014 standards) flagship all-touch device ASAP--definitely before the iPhone launch. 4.75 inch screen with a 3000 mAmp battery should be okay. Make nice with carriers so that it can be bought on a plan here in the States.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    04-28-14 02:11 AM
    Specs definitely matter. Everyone seems to have forgotten that running Android apps is important to many BlackBerry users, and my Z10 is a slower performer than even last year's flagship Androids, including my HTC One m7.

So BlackBerry needs to close the spec gap, the availability gap, and carrier relations gap. It's absurd to think that you can win, or even survive, against such fierce competition if you do not put out a device that can better match up with top devices. Actually, the goal is to leave the competition in the dust, not justify why you can "get away" with an 8 MP camera, 720p screen, etc.!

Launch a respectable (by 2014 standards) flagship all-touch device ASAP--definitely before the iPhone launch. 4.75 inch screen with a 3000 mAmp battery should be okay. Make nice with carriers so that it can be bought on a plan here in the States.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    I don't disagree with you regarding specs. While I'm happy with the 720p screen on the Z30 and the 8MP camera; it should have been 1080p and 13MP. Those specs actually would have made the phone well worth the price.

From what I can tell, we should be getting something like a quad-core Snapdragon 801 with an Adreno 330 5.2" BB10 with at least a 13MP camera. If that is launched this year, it could do well - especially if it has the Paratek antenna, 802.11ac and better speakers than the Z30. It requires a good bit of marketing though.

I don't find my Z10 lagging behind my fianc�e's Samsung S4 - she prefers using my phone for things because it is so much smoother and the browser isn't a heap of s**t. My colleagues also find my Z10 smoother than their Androids...though you can all just claim that I'm lying.
    04-28-14 04:14 AM
    Specs definitely matter. Everyone seems to have forgotten that running Android apps is important to many BlackBerry users, and my Z10 is a slower performer than even last year's flagship Androids, including my HTC One m7. Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    I would love to see how you tested that. Show us the comparison testing data.
    04-28-14 06:00 AM
    Guys, the OP of this thread runs a BBM Channel called "BlackBerry Channel World Crack" and made this exact post there. Now I doubt someone who "works" at BlackBerry would leak that kind of info to a "friend" who runs a BlackBerry news/leak channel.

I'm just saying...

Posted via My Beast Q10
    04-28-14 06:06 AM
114 1234 ...