While I am new to the BlackBerry world, I am still convinced that most reboot their devices unnecessarily even though they have plenty of memory free. So here's a thread to listing out what your device uptime is and the amount of free memory. I'll update my post once I past a few days since I was FORCED to reboot due to an app update.
    12-04-09 07:38 PM
    Just out of interest, what do you believe the problem to be with rebooting unnecessarily?
    Mine is scheduled to reboot at 3am, so has no negative effect on my use.

I know what you mean, you don't HAVE to reboot daily... But if there is no harm done, why not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 07:53 PM
    No problem in rebooting... I suppose it's my take on electronics that constantly stay on for a purpose. Phones and computers are two things I have on all the time and with computers I rarely ever reboot or turn off. With that in mind I feel the same should be for phones, especially if these are supposed to be "smart" phones. My "dumb" phone probably had a longer uptime compared to my computer and my BlackBerry combined.
    12-04-09 09:55 PM
    ahh.. but your smartphone IS your dumbphone and computer combined.
    12-04-09 10:01 PM
    No problem in rebooting... I suppose it's my take on electronics that constantly stay on for a purpose. Phones and computers are two things I have on all the time and with computers I rarely ever reboot or turn off. With that in mind I feel the same should be for phones, especially if these are supposed to be "smart" phones. My "dumb" phone probably had a longer uptime compared to my computer and my BlackBerry combined.
    I know what you mean. But at the same time, if it frees up a bit of memory and makes things a little smoother, it makes perfect sense to get it out of the way overnight.

Im the same, my PC runs 24/7

I think now that BB standard is 256mb of memory there is less need for regular battery pulls or use of Quickpull. But from experience, with the 83**'s a nightly reboot was much needed.

I dont really think the helpfulness of a battery pull in any way reflects on the quality of the phone though. Its still a very capable, and genuinly smart phone, unlike other attempts on the market.

At the end of the day, I think maybe battery pulls are over recommended these days, but they ARE the solution of 90% of problems you might incur.
    12-05-09 06:44 AM
    QuickPuill does a nightly reboot and I do a hard battery pull at least one time a month. No problem for me with that schedule. Small things to do in return for what freedom and function the mobile offers. Otherwise the mobile runs 24/7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 07:25 AM
    I'm not sure but rebooting improves the performance of my berry
    12-05-09 07:39 AM
    I'm not sure but rebooting improves the performance of my berry
    Its gonna close any apps you have left open, reallocate the memory out, and clean up any things that are tripping over each other.
    I would say a heavy user, lots of hours, lots of apps will notice a difference from before and after a reboot.
    12-05-09 07:41 AM
    Actually, it's recommended that 'dumb' phones be power cycled daily.
    12-05-09 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD