Ok.... the trackball on my tour has been acting up since I got it. The Best Buys in my area did not have the newer Tours until now, so I have been putting off exchanging it. Now I have too, the trackball quits regularly. Has anyone used the DSW? I live at least an hour from the closest BB. Was wondering if I run the DSW on my current Tour, spend at least 3-4 hours going to get the new one, will the desktop program hold the info that long. I do plan on running a back up also. Thanks for any help
    11-17-09 09:05 AM
    Ok.... the trackball on my tour has been acting up since I got it. The Best Buys in my area did not have the newer Tours until now, so I have been putting off exchanging it. Now I have too, the trackball quits regularly. Has anyone used the DSW? I live at least an hour from the closest BB. Was wondering if I run the DSW on my current Tour, spend at least 3-4 hours going to get the new one, will the desktop program hold the info that long. I do plan on running a back up also. Thanks for any help
    It should unless the PC crashes, BUT all you need to is also make a full backup and a 3rd Party Apps backup. Use the regular backup proceedure, BUT use DSW for the special 3rd Party Apps backup, here's a tutorial from another mod about it....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    11-17-09 10:52 AM
    How long have you been sitting on your "broken" Tour? Also, I wouldn't be so sure Best Buy will let you exchange a broken Tour for a Tour 2. Perhaps only if they have no more Tours or do not expect any shipments any time soon. But play it cool. If you put pressure on them to "do you a favor", they may push right back and say "why should we, you sat on that Tour for X days before coming in."
    11-17-09 12:10 PM
    This is my second Tour (first one overheated.) The trackball was never as good as the first one, but has gotten really bad the last few weeks. I have BB's cell insurance. I called and asked what they can do, they said if the trackball is faulty they will exchange for a new Tour (not Tour 2.) I dragged my feet a little hoping it was not going to get worse, and most of all, it took me forever to get my Outlook to full sync to the Tour... and I am afraid I will have to start over with that again.
    11-17-09 01:11 PM
    Some Tours DO have a faulty trackball, not sure how BestBuy handled it, but Verizon started marking tested and good Tours with a green dot. That's what EVERYONE in the Tour Forum with the problem wats is a "green dot" Tour. Here is one of the MANY threads on it....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/gr...erdict-341609/
    11-17-09 01:56 PM
    Don't know if they will exchange. Better call the manager before you go. But yes, it should work just fine, no matter how long you leave it after unplugging the old bb.
    11-17-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD