Of course just when I get my Tour the way I want it (which is simplistic to say the least, I'm still learning)... my trackball starts acting up.

So I have a few newb questions. I have searched and read, but am still confused so thank you for reading, helping, and for your patience.

1. Do I need to physically have both old and new devices to use the DM Device Switch Wizard?

2. If my third party apps (which there are only 3 of them that I have paid for) were PIN dependent for registration will I have a problem during the switch?

3. Should I do a back up of my old device before using the Device Switch Wizard?

I think that is it for now. Thank you in advance- any help is much appreciated!

-dotsgurl
    01-05-10 11:35 AM
    1. To use the device switch wizard, yes you need both devices. The switch
    wizard is pretty easy to use and you'll be done in no more than two minutes.

2. Depends where you got the apps from. For example if you get apps from
    MobiHand you could switch your device PIN on your MobiHand profile and once they
    approve it they change the registration codes on your purchased apps.

For other problems, you'd have to email the developer or the site that you purchased
    them from in order to get a new code.

3. You should do a backup of your device on a constant basis.

My sister has a Tour and my 11 year old brother decided to try to get into her
    phone and he entered the wrong password 10 times and wiped her phone.
    Needless to say she was pissed. Had she listened to me about doing a backup
    here and there, she wouldn't be as pissed. She had not one backup. So you
    never know.
    01-05-10 01:00 PM
    Of course just when I get my Tour the way I want it (which is simplistic to say the least, I'm still learning)... my trackball starts acting up.

So I have a few newb questions. I have searched and read, but am still confused so thank you for reading, helping, and for your patience.

1. Do I need to physically have both old and new devices to use the DM Device Switch Wizard?

2. If my third party apps (which there are only 3 of them that I have paid for) were PIN dependent for registration will I have a problem during the switch?

3. Should I do a back up of my old device before using the Device Switch Wizard?

I think that is it for now. Thank you in advance- any help is much appreciated!

-dotsgurl

1. yes you need to have both phones
    2. You will need to change your pin with the company you bought them from
    3. always make backups
    01-05-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD