I'm searching like crazy, but I can't seem to hit the right string to find a discussion that'll help me on this one. I'm sure it's been covered.

I recently swapped out my curve for a storm, and I can't seem to figure out how to take my .vzw.blackberry address with me to the new phone. When I try to set it up, the wizard kicks me back to the beginning of the loop.

I'm assuming that the address is connected to the old PIN, and that's why the issue is happening, but it would seem like there should be a simple way to fix it. My wife took over my curve, and isn't getting the mail from the old address, so my guess is its stuck in limbo between the 2 devices someplace. How annoying.

Oh BB gurus...help this wandering sheep back to his proper email address...please?
    12-28-08 12:47 AM
    I would just call VZW tech support and have them do it may go a lot quicker for you that way. I had the same issue and just had them do it quick and painless.
    12-28-08 12:53 AM
    You can also log onto the VZW BIS site and delete the @vzw
    account from the old phone and then set up a new one for your
    wife.

Then create a new account for yourself and add that account to it.
    12-28-08 01:06 AM
    Tried that...deleted it from hers, and then attempted to add it to mine. No joy.

I think I may just give vzw a call. I was hoping there was something I was missing, but it may just be simpler to make them do it.
    12-28-08 01:11 AM
    Nothing is ever simple with VZW!
    12-28-08 01:12 AM
    yes it is all you have to do is go to their bis website posted above and click on change device, once in there put in your new pin and boom your away and running
    12-28-08 01:18 AM
    yes it is all you have to do is go to their bis website posted above and click on change device, once in there put in your new pin and boom your away and running
    He has already tried that with no success.
    12-28-08 01:19 AM
    pin me if you need help with more specific directions
    305352af
    12-28-08 01:19 AM
    i just had the exact same problem all you have to do is use the change device tab and put in the new pin...has worked for all 15 of the blackberries i have had to do this for, including changing providers
    12-28-08 01:21 AM
    I tried that specifically. Didn't work. It moved my account over to the new pin but did not move that address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:26 AM
    hmmm when you put in the pin are you sure you put in the esn/meid correctly because that will make a difference too
    12-28-08 01:27 AM
    If I did it incorrectly it wont have worked with my other email addresses.
    Its just the berry address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD