I just recently read another post that mentioned the feature from the media app menu explore. Which allows you to explore the directories of device memory and memory card. I previously didn't know I could do that. But anyways, I noticed the folder I mentioned in the topic. It has several subfolders. Contacts contains 20 png files 13-15 KB ea. Folder icons has 13 files 4-5 KB ea. MMS pictures and tunes has about a dozen files totalling 150+ KB. Music sample m4a file 776 KB. Pictures has 27 files totaling 1MB. Ringers has 45 files totaling 716 KB. In total the sample folder is 3.2 MB. I don't remember if this was mentioned in part of the freeing up memory guide. So I thought I would check and see if this folder can be moved to the memory card without creating problems with the BB or apps on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 12:46 AM
    Yes, you can remove preloaded media.
    08-03-08 12:49 AM
    I just looked in mine. I don't kno if the beta came this way or if I got rid of It another way but the only files I have in any of those folders are the ringtones which I want to keep for the alarms and stuff.

Besides the whole folder only is 250kb heavy.

08-03-08 01:10 AM
    The latest beta does not come with preloaded wallpaper or video.
    08-03-08 01:18 AM
    The latest beta does not come with preloaded wallpaper or video.

I noticed that today as I was installing .69

Sun, did you finally give in and install 4.5?
    08-03-08 01:21 AM
    Now the million dollar question. How the heck do I move the files over? Do I have to copy them one at a time? When I select the samples folder and hit the menu key there isn't any options like copy, cut, or delete.

08-03-08 03:03 AM
    Open, Delete, Copy, Move Rename and Properties allow you to do pretty much anything you choose with normal files.

There is no ability to select multiple files, you have to do one file at a time.

Ringtones are a special case, there are not file management commands for the on device ringtones.
    Last edited by Stoner; 08-03-08 at 09:16 AM.
    08-03-08 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD