is Blackberry going to introduce new device on coming MWC ???
    02-25-18 07:16 AM
    02-25-18 08:26 AM
    Yes.
    02-25-18 11:03 AM
    Maybe.
    02-25-18 11:15 AM
    They gave the tech reviewers some sort of briefing it seems. Telling them in some ways to expect what is coming in the coming months (see what I did there? )
    So I believe no phone launches.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-25-18 11:50 AM
    Why the hell would they pass up on MWC 2018?? What better way to announce a new device
    02-25-18 11:56 AM
    Why the hell would they pass up on MWC 2018?? What better way to announce a new device
    I think many manufacturers let Samsung have its day.

LG passed as well.
    Last edited by conite; 02-25-18 at 12:22 PM.
    02-25-18 12:04 PM
    The most likely answer is that too many things weren't finalized yet - the exterior design, the interior components, etc.

It's quite common when designing a phone to have a number of different designs, and to have each design evolve as changes are made or components added or as internal changes are made. If TCL just isn't far enough along in the process, then they wouldn't be prepared to have anything to show or any specs to talk about (because they could change).

That's why you would give a more vague description based on concepts ("all-day battery" instead of "4000mah battery") instead of pure facts that people then will count on.

Assuming this is the case, then the real issue is: why is TCL lagging? We can't know the answer to THAT unless they tell us, but it could be that they're waiting on availability of one or more components - given their ranking in the smartphone industry, they aren't exactly first in line to get parts. It may also be that other projects at TCL Mobile (the Alcatel line) had priority, and design teams weren't assigned until they were finished with their Alcatel project. Who really knows? It's clear, though, that they're running as lean as they can to save money, which makes sense given TCL Mobile's struggles this past year.
    02-25-18 12:10 PM
    Assuming this is the case, then the real issue is: why is TCL lagging? We can't know the answer to THAT unless they tell us, but it could be that they're waiting on availability of one or more components - given their ranking in the smartphone industry, they aren't exactly first in line to get parts. It may also be that other projects at TCL Mobile (the Alcatel line) had priority, and design teams weren't assigned until they were finished with their Alcatel project. Who really knows? It's clear, though, that they're running as lean as they can to save money, which makes sense given TCL Mobile's struggles this past year.
    Yeah, their Alcatel arm has already announced 5 phones and 2 tablets at MWC.
    02-25-18 12:17 PM
    That's possibly the reason behind the "bronze edition". Something for the hungry consumer to nibble on while they finalize the next few devices.
    02-25-18 04:39 PM
    Yeah, their Alcatel arm has already announced 5 phones and 2 tablets at MWC.
    Ugh why anyone not named Apple still bothers to make tablets is beyond me. I would never buy another Android tablet at any price.
    02-26-18 04:21 AM