Just Came across this while browsing through the Developer Blogs:

BlackBerry truly can be very lucrative for developers. Flippy Bird 3D Sales Trends | FileArchiveHaven
    06-19-14 11:22 AM
    One specific example is no where near enough to draw any conclusions from. A game in BB World has far less competition than a game in the App Store or Play Store, and with far fewer choices, it's not unsurprising that this one game had a higher adoption rate on BB. That doesn't translate to all apps or all games, though, not by a long shot.

Do a survey of 100 random apps that appear in all stores, and then you can draw some real conclusions.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-19-14 11:29 AM

BlackBerry truly can be very lucrative for developers. Flippy Bird 3D Sales Trends | FileArchiveHaven
    Cool article but I think the reason his BBRY numbers were better in this case is because you can't buy the real deal on Blackberry so there was some pent up demand plus fan websites probably help give it a nice push to start things off. At .99 is ~$2500 x 70% = $1750. Is that lucrative? How much effort was expended. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad BBRY did comparatively better in this case. Let's just say the advantage BBRY has is that new apps can quickly become a big fish in a small pond so hopefully that will keep Dev's sticking around.
    06-19-14 11:33 AM

Come on, there are plenty examples here in Developers section that state exactly the opposite. This game cannot be used as a good indicator to calculate earnings from different stores, because number of similar games on Play Store and iTunes is order of magnitude higher than on BlackBerry World.
    06-19-14 12:37 PM
    One specific example is no where near enough to draw any conclusions from. A game in BB World has far less competition than a game in the App Store or Play Store, and with far fewer choices, it's not unsurprising that this one game had a higher adoption rate on BB. That doesn't translate to all apps or all games, though, not by a long shot.

Do a survey of 100 random apps that appear in all stores, and then you can draw some real conclusions.
    I like you and your comments for their realism but boy does that not make you such a punchable target sometimes.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    06-19-14 01:12 PM
    I like you and your comments for their realism but boy does that not make you such a punchable target sometimes.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    I agree. Hopefully, no one will misinterpret his comment as bashing BlackBerry- which is not the case.
    06-20-14 10:34 PM