First of all im pretty new at this so everyone who reads bear with me!

Im a 19 yr old college student and i love blackberry. I was thinking about developing apps on the side to make some extra cash as well as contribute in my own little way to BB10(which im sooooo excited for). The problem is i don't have a clue where to start. I have no idea how to code or any of that all i have are a couple idea's for apps thats all. If anyone would kindly be able to guide me as to where i can go to learn how to start would be great and i'd really appreciate it.

BB10
    11-21-12 01:08 PM
    Heres a couple places to get you started

https://developer.blackberry.com/
    https://github.com/blackberry

I would suggest reading, reading and then reading some more (first link). Once you have a general idea of how things work download the tools and start looking at the samples in the second link.
    11-21-12 01:47 PM
    Its alot to ingest thats for sure. Its not easy work is it! lol
    11-21-12 02:15 PM
    Its alot to ingest thats for sure. Its not easy work is it! lol
    LOL, well try to keep it fun. Approach it with a sense of play. The BlackBerry site can giude you through to getting a sample application running on a simulator. Once you get that far, the rest becomes more fun, as you can just start changing and adding things to the sample app to see what happens.

I've just barely gotten that far myself (simulator is being difficult with me), but I'm stubborn and persistent lol... so I hope things will begin to come together
    11-21-12 02:27 PM
    Let's not kid ourselves. Developing really quality applications takes time and dedication. You need to understand the tooling, have an idea for an application, figure out how to make it work, think about design, test user experience, and a whole lot more. Sure you can re-work a sample app. Sure you can make something simple. If you're interested in BlackBerry development I suggest you put in the time, otherwise you'll get disappointed quickly as soon as you hit a bump in the road. Look at it as an opportunity.

If you're going to do it, go all in and check out every resource that you think can help speed up your understanding and development time. To get chops, you just need a heck of a lot of experience and sometimes luck.

11-22-12 03:18 AM