I just moved from android to z10 and I found the major problem blackberry has is lack of apps and lack of support for the apps that they have already. Facebook, skype and other big name native apps are not working properly or not working at all. Now that's why I think the only route blackberry has right now is to go android. It makes no sense keeping an outdated store when the other 3 platforms are constantly updating their apps and blackberry??? Well the best bet for them right now is to make a skin for android that looked like bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 03:12 AM
    developers need to eat to live. Android and iOS apps provide them that chance.
    08-16-15 07:11 AM
    BlackBerry is actually publicly telling BlackBerry developers to target other platforms. So if BlackBerry doesn't want BlackBerry developers, why do you think they will update apps.
    08-16-15 09:50 AM
    So BB10 is going to dead huh? Native platform with no apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 10:00 AM
    So BB10 is going to dead huh? Native platform with no apps?
    Chen claims "he" is "focusing on enterprise apps" for native development, but with no consumer adoption, enterprise development is similarly limited.

Anyway, it's been about a year since Chen told developers to build Android apps instead, so it's not like this is new information. And, yes, every week that goes by, fewer and fewer BB10 developers maintain their apps, and more apps become obsoleted by changes on the server side or just changes in industry standards and practices. Apps must be maintained in order to survive, and BB10 apps largely aren't being maintained.
    08-16-15 01:03 PM
    Sounds like android is coming to blackberry and to me this is a very important move. I think is the only chance they have.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:34 PM
    Sounds like android is coming to blackberry and to me this is a very important move. I think is the only chance they have.

Posted via CB10
    NO. Going android will not. Save BlackBerry but will kill BlackBerry as we know it.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    08-17-15 10:35 PM
    NO. Going android will not. Save BlackBerry but will kill BlackBerry as we know it.

Posted via CB10
    So do you think it would save BlackBerry if they stay with BB10 OS? People say that Android hardware makers like Samsung and such are loosing money and that BlackBerry would also loose if they go Android. Do you think that they are currently making money with BB10 OS? Whatever percentage they'll sell if they go Android would be like 80% more than whatever they're selling now with BB10 OS. When the CEO of a company is telling you not to make apps for their own operating system is because they don't have future plans with/for their operating system. And you're saying that if they go Android they will not be saved?

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    08-17-15 10:49 PM
    I just moved from android to z10 and I found the major problem blackberry has is lack of apps and lack of support for the apps that they have already. Facebook, skype and other big name native apps are not working properly or not working at all. Now that's why I think the only route blackberry has right now is to go android. It makes no sense keeping an outdated store when the other 3 platforms are constantly updating their apps and blackberry??? Well the best bet for them right now is to make a skin for android that looked like bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Moving from Android to BB10 at this point in time? I am really curious why. Adopting a mostly dead OS developed by a company with shaky future by leaving a thriving OS with rich ecosystem developed by a forward thinking company. Interesting indeed.
    08-17-15 10:50 PM
    Wow. Moving from Android to BB10 at this point in time? I am really curious why. Adopting a mostly dead OS developed by a company with shaky future by leaving a thriving OS with rich ecosystem developed by a forward thinking company. Interesting indeed.
    He probably paid very little for the Z10 and with runtime he could use many of his Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:13 AM
    Even the CEO is telling you indirectly that has abandon bb10. Making developers go android its a clue they're moving through android. BB10 is a great potencial os, but lack of support just kill it. Android started as a crappy os and look at it now.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:20 AM
    He probably paid very little for the Z10 and with runtime he could use many of his Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Makes perfect sense.
    08-18-15 05:06 PM
    Because "just rumour" about Android they be down!!! Trololol!
    08-18-15 09:16 PM