Ronen over at Berryreview is at Devcon Asia and is reporting;

DevCon Asia Singapore has finally started and we are here live at DevCon. I will be reporting live to you guys via the BlackBerry PlayBook right here. Stay tuned for updates coming your way!

So right now, we are hearing that the next Generation BlackBerry devices will be known as BlackBerry 10. It will run on tablets, smartphones and automobiles, with full access to the BlackBerry cloud. It seems like they will showing heavy support towards HMTL5 as well as open-source platforms and gaming engines including Jquery, Dojo and more.

BlackBerry developers will now be known as BlackBerry Jam, with sessions, community, zone and also, recognition program. BlackBerry Jam members (developers) would be known as jammers.

Also, no more fees for code signing or to upload your apps to BlackBerry Appworld. They are looking to streamline the whole application development process for developer with this, under BlackBerry Jam Zone.

The BlackBerry Jam community will have the Open Source initiative (such as WebWorks) which will open up more programming tools for developers to use. The BlackBerry Jam Sessions (such as the Hackathon)
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-06-11 at 09:10 PM.
    12-06-11 09:06 PM
    so they lost the lawsuit over the name and its no longer BBX then?
    12-06-11 09:12 PM
    ^ could be? it will be the product that matters though.
    Edit: excuse me, thats only after they'er dragged through the mud for being total idiots though..
    Last edited by Dapper37; 12-06-11 at 09:23 PM.
    12-06-11 09:19 PM
    good point ..also what happened to 8 and 9??
    12-06-11 09:21 PM
    8 and 9 are gonna be future upgrades for the current phones on os7
    This is great news keep the updates coming
    12-06-11 09:25 PM
    no more bbx. it will be BlackBerry 10
    12-06-11 09:31 PM
    I just came across this article so it looks like RIM has lost BBX as a name for at least a short while.

iTWire - RIM blocked from naming new BlackBerry OS 'BBX
    12-06-11 09:37 PM
    BB10...it's a good thing someone at RIM speaks Roman
    12-06-11 10:18 PM
    Blackberry Jam and jammers? Why the need to nickname what you want devs to be called? Its lame..like creating your own nickname..
    12-06-11 10:38 PM
    I liked BBX and im not really feeling BB10...how about BB-DINGLE!?
    12-06-11 10:41 PM
    BB10 ?

Surely, they could have come up with something more unique than that ?

BBNext....BBNeo, BBEX, BBRev (revolution), BBMax, BBFire.....BBGun
    12-06-11 10:44 PM
    BB10...it's a good thing someone at RIM speaks Roman
    This ACTUALLY made me LOL when I read it!!!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-06-11 11:02 PM
    Too bad about the name.... 10 sounds uninspired but I am getting the whole X thing. Maybe a name would have been appropriate here. BB5, BB6, BB7, BB10 - it is all the same noise.
    12-06-11 11:05 PM
    Obviously, seven ate nine.

Furthermore, it seems they are taking a page from Android marketing, with names that attempt to be catchy. Blackberry Jam, as in jelly, as in the fruit spread. See: icecream sandwich
    12-07-11 09:02 AM
    what's there to be embarrassed about?
    for all I care it could be called BB.B-B,BBh2o, or BBair whatever the name does not matter.
    the new OS and support of apps will decide Rims future.
    Everyone had a BB at one point or another in their life and a lot of people will
    be willing to come back.
    Heck all the people I know that left BB was cause of the lack of apps. I cant
    even remember any other reason.
    and if BBM was available for their OS they would
    download it asap.
    scott.slater likes this.
    12-07-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD