07-13-12 11:30 AM
    Excellent post, Alec Saunders is a BOSS.
    07-13-12 11:49 AM
    I love this guy.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-13-12 11:58 AM
    Does this forum actually have a section for developers?
    07-13-12 12:07 PM
    Alec is a true man of his words, writes very eloquently and squashes the BS.

I love it.

Btw, theres a very interesting astrix or fine print from the survey - of 2400 surveyed, only a sample of 200 were "culled".

When they CULL the sample, its possible they only selected 100 droid and 100 ios developers lol.

-h-o-l-es
    Neely2005 likes this.
    07-13-12 12:14 PM
    Well done. I wish he could have put some numbers here (how many attendees), but it's a nice and clear sound to my ears.
    07-13-12 12:40 PM
    Does this forum actually have a section for developers?
    yep : http://forums.crackberry.com/app-developers-f9/ here you go
    07-13-12 12:42 PM
    Effective pushback. What a concept.

Glad to see RIM finally doing this.
    07-13-12 12:44 PM
    I think the survey is of actual BB developers. Not Android developers that are porting to QNX. The growth that Alec references is due to Android apps being able to be ran on the PB.

That's not to say I believe the survey to be accurate, just that there are usually two sides to the rebuttal also.
    07-13-12 12:46 PM
    I think the survey is of actual BB developers. Not Android developers that are porting to QNX. The growth that Alec references is due to Android apps being able to be ran on the PB.

That's not to say I believe the survey to be accurate, just that there are usually two sides to the rebuttal also.
    What percentage of Android apps do you encounter in App World vs native PB apps?
    07-13-12 01:33 PM
    Well done. I wish he could have put some numbers here (how many attendees), but it's a nice and clear sound to my ears.
    I'll bet it was more than 200.
    07-13-12 05:32 PM
    I think the salient point is that, with a pool of 4,500 developers, they were only sampling North American developers.

Sorry to feel anti-xenophobic, but there are many countries hungry for the work (India, Ireland, etc.). $10,000 means a lot around the world.

In addition, there was no statement as to the randomness of firm selection/methodology, NO recognition that this is a two dimensional analysis in a three dimensional world, time being the most important omission. This is because several OS's are phasing out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-13-12 05:58 PM
    If i were a dev (Plan to Learn Some C+ and html in the fall) I'd be targeting BB10 and WP8 mist for the chance of having more exposure. Though the app I'm thinking of developing is pretty much a niche thing on all the current platforms.

I think a good think would be to reward developers working with the platform. I know Microsoft took a popular game on windows phone wordament and decided to make the Game xbox live compatiable. As well as most recently showing off the game spell it (a words with friends clone) running om windows phone 8 and windows 8 nfc features.
    07-13-12 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD