removal from NAZ100 explains alot of buying recent
    the etf's and future contracts that hold rimm short as part of their qqq shorts or bear funds will now have to liquidate their shorts.... i think there will be a huge rally on rimm next week, its going to be amazing.

Won't the long ETF's also have to liquidate their holdings of RIMM? Thus, it will likely be a net negative given that there are typically more longs than shorts on any security.
    12-16-12 11:33 AM
    Won't the long ETF's also have to liquidate their holdings of RIMM? Thus, it will likely be a net negative given that there are typically more longs than shorts on any security.
    you have to figure out whether there is a net long or a net short position on the index, the introduction of FB earlier in the week in the index might be a give away...
    12-16-12 12:22 PM
    I don't know how accurate their calculations are, but Deutsche Bank figured that the deletion would result in about 6 million shares of RIMM needing to be sold.

On the other hand, there was short interest of 114 million shares in RIMM at the end of November, so you'd figure that the impact of any good news would likely overwhelm the impact of the deletion.
    12-16-12 02:49 PM
    Wow, the Deutsche Bank was right on the ball on the deletions.
    RIMM is taking a slight beating right now, but other good news seems to be keeping it up for now.
    12-17-12 09:16 AM
    wasn't efective date Dec 24, that might explain some of the selling
    12-21-12 01:27 PM
    Deutsche Bank......hmm weren't these the same idi0ts who kept buying American mortgage bonds when everyone and their donkey came to know they were junk. If it's all the same, I will not take any advice from these guys.
    That's too bad, I did, I made a few grand rather quickly too...
    12-21-12 02:18 PM
    Funny how the same group of people keep looking for negative articles about RIM/BlackBerry to post on CrackBerry.
    Still unsure why you viewed this as negative. It was rather good news
    12-21-12 02:20 PM
    Funny how the same group of people keep looking for negative articles about RIM/BlackBerry to post on CrackBerry.
    How is this negative?
    12-21-12 02:25 PM
    Alright I have to admit I'm a bit slow on this. What exactly does it mean you have a stock delisted?

NOBODY WILL TELL ME
    12-21-12 02:32 PM
59 123