The first quarter of the year is coming to an end. Has anyone heard anything on the release date of this software?
    04-24-08 12:42 PM
    A standard version will be released with the new OS. But you can buy the current version from the crackberry store.

eOffice - Document Production & Attachment Editing: MS Word and Excel - Business & Finance BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    04-24-08 01:44 PM
    I'm ready to leave. Sign me up.
    04-24-08 06:24 PM
    A standard version will be released with the new OS. But you can buy the current version from the crackberry store.

eOffice - Document Production & Attachment Editing: MS Word and Excel - Business & Finance BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    What you linked to is not Documents to Go. It is eOffice, a totally different and not nearly as easy to use 3rd party app made by DynoPlex. Docs to Go is made by DataViz and is very, very user friendly, plus it will actually allow for saving to the SD Card/Device memory with ease, unlike the hassle that it is with eOffice.

Anyway, Documents to Go will not be out before OS 4.5 is released. OS 4.5 will include a "standard" version that lets you open and edit existing documents, as well as save them to your SD card. You will get a free trial of the Professional edition that allows for creating fresh, new documents, but after the 30 days (I think it's 30), you need to pay to upgrade to Professional.
    04-25-08 12:14 PM
    The thought that I have to pay $99 to be able to access documents is absurd.

I wouldn't pay anything close to that for eOffice.
    04-25-08 01:53 PM
    yep - OS 4.5 comes with Docs to Go (word and ppoint) it takes about 1.5MB in your Berry and works great .. ( don't buy anything yet just get the 4.5.0.xx or wait for it )
    04-25-08 02:08 PM
    I had tried the 4.5 version of Docs to go. I didn't like it. Number one it didn't support Office 2007. I still can't veiw word documents from the web. I use that alot with school, the proffs will have stuff on their websites in office format and I still couldn't veiw it. Even if I downloaded it to my media card I would get an error stating that it was in plain text and not allowed, although it had the Word symbol next to the file. Maybe I was going about things the wrong way or expected to much out of it. I would like to be able to veiw MS documents downloaded off the web. Any suggestions?
    04-25-08 02:39 PM
    I had tried the 4.5 version of Docs to go. I didn't like it. Number one it didn't support Office 2007. I still can't veiw word documents from the web. I use that alot with school, the proffs will have stuff on their websites in office format and I still couldn't veiw it. Even if I downloaded it to my media card I would get an error stating that it was in plain text and not allowed, although it had the Word symbol next to the file. Maybe I was going about things the wrong way or expected to much out of it. I would like to be able to veiw MS documents downloaded off the web. Any suggestions?
    Using a desktop or laptop, you have to do a Save As "Word 97-2003 Document", then you can access them with Docs2Go. After you've saved them in the new format (you'll know because the header will have "[Compatability Mode]" in the title), you can them move them to your media card via Roxio (or whatever method you use to move things to your media card) to view/edit later.
    04-25-08 02:51 PM
    Using a desktop or laptop, you have to do a Save As "Word 97-2003 Document", then you can access them with Docs2Go. After you've saved them in the new format (you'll know because the header will have "[Compatability Mode]" in the title), you can them move them to your media card via Roxio (or whatever method you use to move things to your media card) to view/edit later.
    I hear ya, I had done that but it is such a pain in the booty, lol. If I am going to to go through all that I can veiw the files just as easily on the laptop I converted everything on. I was looking for something to be able veiw the stuff "on the go." Oh well, perhaps something will be developed to meet my over zealous standards I still love my BB even if she is picky with microsoft.
    04-25-08 03:22 PM
    I am speculating, but I can almost guarantee that as Office 2007 becomes more the norm, Docs 2 Go will release an update to allow native viewing.
    04-25-08 03:33 PM
    yep - OS 4.5 comes with Docs to Go (word and ppoint) it takes about 1.5MB in your Berry and works great .. ( don't buy anything yet just get the 4.5.0.xx or wait for it )
    First they need to finally release the OS beforehand. Who knows when the **** that will be.
    04-26-08 12:28 AM
    I downloaded 4.3 update from verizon but no Doc to Go?
    04-26-08 08:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies people!
    04-26-08 10:38 PM
    The first quarter of the year is coming to an end. Has anyone heard anything on the release date of this software?
    Would you have them release the OS bug free at a later date or, release it now with bugs and all?
    04-27-08 01:38 AM
    Would you have them release the OS bug free at a later date or, release it now with bugs and all?
    Interesting question. have you ever come across any software that was bug free?

My 2 cents is from what I've read it is is real good shape now (if all the folks using it are telling the truth). Unless there is some major issue we don't see, I say:

LET HER RIP
    04-27-08 07:20 AM
    I am speculating, but I can almost guarantee that as Office 2007 becomes more the norm, Docs 2 Go will release an update to allow native viewing.
    Offfice 2007 should logically become the supported ption but it has not been selling well for MS. The corporate sector has ben v e r y slw to take up 2007 simply because most people have a strong knowlwedge base in Office 1997 - 2003 and the 2007 product is way different in look and feel.

Personally, I lik eit but whilst I have delivered courses in MS office up to 2003, it will take a long re-learning cureve before I would attempt this with 2007.

Most users I come across in the business suit/office environemnt do not want to change to 2007. But then again, most of what they do could be done in Notepad.
    04-27-08 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD