About a week ago (?) I downloaded and installed Desktop Software 7 and then tried to sync my files.
    During the sync at PIM Synchronization, the BB Desktop Software froze at the "Preparing Sync Preview". I let it run for quite a while and finally shut it down.
    I rebooted the computer and tried again - same result.
    I finally gave up, uninstalled version 7, reinstalled version 6, ran the update to version 6.1 and then synched the phone.
    Everything looked fine until a couple of days later when I was using my BB 9930 and opened the Memo Pad. The memos appeared to be present but were all of older data, not the most current data.
    Help? Is it possible that the most current data is retrievable? Sure hope so! (I keep passwords for several software programs, etc. in the Memo Pad - and in my Outlook 2007-Notes files.)
    02-25-12 08:37 PM
    There seems to be a bug with the newest DM and syncing a device. You can try downgrading your DM.

Are you sure you restored from your most recent back up file?
    02-25-12 09:41 PM
    When I was trying the Desktop 7 setup, I allowed all the default settings for backups, etc.
    When I originally setup the Desktop software (for my Storm, then my Curve, then Tour, then my Bold), I again used all the default settings.
    Then - after the Desktop Software 7 install failed during syncing, I uninstalled it/ reinstalled version 6 - again using default settings/ backup locations.

I tried to search files on my computer to see if there were duplicate file locations - in hopes that my most recent backups were found. I couldn't. Ideas?
    03-03-12 09:02 PM
    Okay, I found where the bbb & ipd files and did a restore to the phone. It worked!
    Now, I've got to go back some of the other items.
    Thanks
    03-03-12 09:55 PM
    Why did I ever click "Yes" to the question "Do you want to upgrade to Desktop"? Would not synch or else took over 30 minutes to get done. Ran ScanPST several times; reinstalled Desktop7 multiple times, upgraded to Office10. Repeatedly trashed my database and ate up hours of time. Couldn't find Desktop6 on the BB site to downgrade.
    In desperation, poked around the web and found Companion Link. Yeah, it's not free, but it works. Even better, they have a tech help line where you can actually get a live person who knows what they're talking about. Synchs 900+ contacts, 200+ tasks, 200+ Calendars events in under a minute.
    I wouldn't waste any more time fighting with Desktop 7. Switch to CompanionLink and get some real work done.
    03-08-12 08:16 AM
    Why did I ever click "Yes" to the question "Do you want to upgrade to Desktop"? Would not synch or else took over 30 minutes to get done. Ran ScanPST several times; reinstalled Desktop7 multiple times, upgraded to Office10. Repeatedly trashed my database and ate up hours of time. Couldn't find Desktop6 on the BB site to downgrade.
    In desperation, poked around the web and found Companion Link. Yeah, it's not free, but it works. Even better, they have a tech help line where you can actually get a live person who knows what they're talking about. Synchs 900+ contacts, 200+ tasks, 200+ Calendars events in under a minute.
    I wouldn't waste any more time fighting with Desktop 7. Switch to CompanionLink and get some real work done.
    Unless they just did it dm 6 is the only one available because they pulled 7 off. Are you saying on RIM's site you only see dm 7?

Companion link sounds interesting.
    03-08-12 09:38 AM
    RIM obviously knows DM 7 is a bust or they wouldn't have pulled it.

Companion Link sounds good, but it's $50 or a monthly subscription. Pretty steep, if DM will do the job for free.

I use google sync for the calendar and DM for contacts, memos, and tasks.
    Of course, I don't have 200 tasks. I make them recurring appointments instead.

The only gripes I found (once I got it working), was that I but can't use contact photos. Everytime it updates, it wipes the photos on the handheld, even though I set them in google/picasa.
    03-08-12 09:50 AM
    There are alot of issues with Desktop 7. Verizon tech support recommended I go back to Desktop 6. It is on the Verizon support page. They also pulled 7 off of their site.
    03-08-12 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD