I have a Blackberry Storm and I just downloaded the latest upgrade for my Desktop Manager. When I did this my desktop redirector icon disappeared on my desktop and in the Desktop Manager. I went back to the original installation I did from the CD when I got the phone (where it lets you select to set-up the redirector) but it alerted me that I have a newer version of the Desktop Manager and I would have to uninstall my newer version to install this one. Obviously I want the latest version available so I did not do this. I went into the program files for Blackberry on my desktop and I did not see anything (not really sure what I am looking for but nothing stood out to me to re-install the re-director). I really liked the re-director, someone please help!!
    06-10-09 10:32 AM
    Same problem here

Can not find a single clue on the net

Will ask Blackberry

Or somebody gives the answer? XP or Outlook outdated?

Good luck
    09-18-09 04:57 AM
    I am by no means an expert but I would suggest disconnecting from the internet before installing the cd or you could try restoring your computer to an earlier date before you updated the software.

I would be interested in the redirector as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 05:46 AM
    Just read another post in the forums, the redirector is only for use with the BES. Hopefully this helps.
    09-21-09 10:13 AM
    I wonder if the "Redirection" in question is actually the Windows shortcut?

When BlackBerry Desktop Manager is installed, there is an option to create a shortcut and another options to Run at startup.

You will find the original program at: Start / All Programs / BlackBerry.

Right click on Desktop Manger and drag it to a the Desktop. Choose "Create a Shortcut" to save it.
    09-21-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD