Every time I download a new version of DM (4.6, 4.7 and 5.0), when installing it I get a message saying that a Data1.cab (or something similar) file cannot be found and i have to go back to installing from my CD.
    Has anyone had the same problem?
    Does anyone know what's going on?
    Thanks.
    05-05-09 04:50 PM
    This may help you out with your installation. It's pertaining to a CD Rom install but you can follow the guidelines in safe mode when installing to make sure the media isn't corrupt.

Data1.cab error - Tech Support Guy Forums
    05-05-09 06:17 PM
    Hey there I'm kinda new to the blackberry scene. I have the storm and I just got my wife for mothers day the Pearl 8130. I couldn't get the disk that came with my Storm to download the application for desktop manager. The one for the Pearl worked perfect. Am I able to plug in my Storm and it work with that one or not? Because I plugged in my Storm and nothing happened. It wouldn't pick up the PIN off the phone and put it in there but if I hook up the Pearl it's fine. Are they phone specific, or can one desktop manager work for both? Thanks for any help in advance!
    05-05-09 06:39 PM
    have recently downloaded Desktop Manager V 4.7 (twice; I did it once and got the funny message; then uninstalled and re-installed). I get "Windows-No disk"......Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013..... and more characters) each time I bring up the DM.

I have called my carrier Verizon, Blackberry support team, and they saw nothing in their knowledge base. To get to BlackBerry directly is like going into a black hole. Did try doing a post online to BlackBerry yesterday but no answer.

What have you tried?
    05-05-09 06:53 PM
    Well every time I put in the disk it just sends me the window saying that the startfile.exe can't execute do you want to send and error report. But the disk that came with my wifes Pearl works perfect but it wont recognize my Storm.
    05-05-09 07:23 PM
    honestly, I haven't done much about it...every time I downloaded a new version I got that error so I just went back to 4.6 that came with my device...
    Thanks for the responses

NeonsoBlue:
    You should be able to sink your Storm with the DM that came with the other device...
    05-05-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD