2 desktops, 2 laptops, 1 blackberry.

Dell desktop with 7/vista/XP/linux
    Mac mini

Dell xps with vista/linux
    IBook G4

And my curve

I find that I have access to everything. I'm a gadget FREAK!

Get what you want, and enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 02:34 PM
    There are some things that are only feasible from a PC:

• Install new firmware on your BB
    • Backup/restore your BB
    • Rip movies for your BB
    • Rip CD tracks for your BB

If I didn't have a company-issued laptop, I would not have a laptop.
    My wife has a Windows XP desktop PC that I would use for all of the above tasks.

Having said that, I do appreciate the luxury of web browsing on the laptop versus my BB. I commute 1.25 hours each way by train every day. It's great being able to use my BB as a tethered modem and surf on a full screen and keyboard.
    07-27-09 02:50 PM
    Yeah i have all three, oddly i actually need all three, so let your needs be your guide.
    07-27-09 03:53 PM
    Yea a BB will never replace a computer (at least for now). I know when I get home at night I'm typing away on my desktop and doing various browsing and such. My bb is great for when I'm on the go. That's why I have no need for a laptop really.

07-28-09 01:40 PM
    There are some things that are only feasible from a PC:

• Install new firmware on your BB
    • Backup/restore your BB
    • Rip movies for your BB
    • Rip CD tracks for your BB

If I didn't have a company-issued laptop, I would not have a laptop.
    My wife has a Windows XP desktop PC that I would use for all of the above tasks.

Having said that, I do appreciate the luxury of web browsing on the laptop versus my BB. I commute 1.25 hours each way by train every day. It's great being able to use my BB as a tethered modem and surf on a full screen and keyboard.
    I agree. You need a PC in order to download and install updates for your BlackBerry. There are certain applications that can't be download OTA. You have to install them using Desktop Manager. A PC or laptop will do fine. A laptop is good if you ever feel the need to sign up for the tethering plan.

07-28-09 02:29 PM
    There's no way a laptop could fulfill my needs like a desktop can (music production and media mostly), just like there's no way a Blackberry can fulfill my needs like a laptop can (note taking, and surfing/watching movies on a decent sized screen); each has their place, you should own all three.
    07-28-09 02:48 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD