Ok, I need some help here.

I've been a laptop guy for a while now. I love having a laptop because, as an obvious reason, I can take it anywhere I want. Now, with the Blackberry I feel like a laptop is no longer necesary, all my e-mails are sent/received on that beautiful machine I call "Bold" (it's just amazing).

Now, the question is: do I buy a laptop or a desktop? Since you guys own Blackberries, did you shift from Desktop or vice versa because of a Blackberry?

There's this new HP touchscreen all-in-one desktop that I'm dying to get, but I just don't want to get it and realize that I needed a laptop instead!

Any input is helpful!
    07-26-09 03:29 PM
    Why is there a sudden influx of people asking the general community what they should do with their lives?? Only you can know what you'll be happy with.

Just get a laptop and be done with it.
    07-26-09 03:32 PM
    Their lives? You do understand that this is one of the most subtle things I could think about, that's why I am asking for previous practices.
    07-26-09 03:35 PM
    OK then. Get a laptop, you'll love it. Trust me on this!!
    07-26-09 04:09 PM
    I doubt many of us rushed out to buy laptops after getting a BlackBerry, and vice versa.

For many of us, a desktop or a laptop is just another tool -- just like the BlackBerry. Just get the tool you need or want. The choice is yours.

Personally, I say laptop.
    07-26-09 04:23 PM
    get em all. ive got a desktop, laptop and BB
    07-26-09 04:40 PM
    We have a full Active Directory network at our house. But yeah, most of it rarely gets used. I am, however, on one of our laptops right now.
    07-26-09 04:44 PM
    This is the plan, yes. When I become rich that is
    07-26-09 04:59 PM
    I use a laptop. A desktop just takes up to much space with a desk and everything else required. My laptop with 17" 1900*1200 screen gives me plenty of workspace. I have a home built server for storing all my movies/photos/music so storage space isn't an issue.
    07-26-09 06:05 PM
    I have a desktop media center and my bb . I have. A desktop because the main thing your paying for in the laptop is the portablity of it.. - guess it just what fits ur needs more laptop being portable an that's a lot what your paying for or desktop If you don't need that.much flexablity,one day I mite get a laptop but I do like my. Desktop with all the bells and whistles. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 06:18 PM
    My house was robbed 3 yrs ago and I lost 3 computers- I got a BB 2 yrs ago and I don't need a computer anymore~ don't even need a laptop. My BB does everything I need.

07-26-09 07:00 PM
    I have all three. They all have their uses.
    07-26-09 07:08 PM
    Desktop and a netbook. I hated my work laptop because it was just way too heavy to carry places. (Not to mention lacks dual harddrives for redundancy and is 1 year behind the times compared to a desktop.)
    07-26-09 07:35 PM
    I have 2 laptops and one desktop and my Bold. I use 'em all, but mostly my Bold> Can't help myself. Really!

Seriously - it really depends on what you need to do with a computer and/or if your computer needs to be moveable. I had my laptops and desktop before I got my Bold. I don't mind typing on my Bold - so I rarely take either of my laptops away from the house any more.

Peace
    07-26-09 07:37 PM
    Same here I feel like I need all three. desktop for entertainment, laptop around the house, and bb for on the go!!!!
    07-26-09 08:23 PM
    i use my desktop for music and movies and stuff as it has a big screen but i think im gonna maybe try and get rid of my desktop but i dont know what to do with it and just use my macbook hooked up to my monitor as my main computer
    07-26-09 08:59 PM
    depends what is the primary need of getting a gadget? alota ppl r enslaved to the gadgets they purchase, but i believe a gadget is something that compliments & facilitates our needs.

so if it's just basic web related stuff, a netbook and/or blackberry is a good pairing.

if it's work, fun & games, web related stuff, a notebook and/or blackberry is a more suitable pairing.
    07-27-09 12:14 AM
    I have a desktop, I use my desktop mostly for online Courses and some browsing. But everywhere else I use my Curve, at work, at my fiance's place and even at home while I'm laying in bed. I don't have a need for a laptop really. For portably I use my Curve.

07-27-09 12:21 AM
    We have 2 laptops, cause we take them with and move around the house with them at times... but mostly, I can use my BB around the house so my laptop stays in my office.
    07-27-09 01:26 AM
    Me i like a desktop and my blackberry no need for a laptop.
    07-27-09 05:27 AM
    Hmm, so what would most of you rather lug around, a nice little laptop or your blackberry?

07-27-09 01:32 PM
    i usually lug both,
    my curve and my macbook
    07-27-09 01:41 PM
    Got to be a laptop. Doesn't require additional furniture to put it on, doesn't take up any space, you can take it places with you.

I have just purchased one of those netbooks even better than a laptop in my opinion. Smaller easier/lighter to carry, perfect size screen to watch a film on or something on a train journey.

Depends what you need it for and that really. I rarely do anything other than download music/films, view webpages and read and send emails so I don't need something with a top spec.
    07-27-09 02:14 PM
    I don't see a BB fully replacing a pc (notebook OR desktop) any time soon. I would be pretty certain that there's not a single person in the world that can type faster and as accurately on a bb than I can on my full size desktop keyboard. I also have my desktop and notebook on a KVM, so I can use a single monitor, keyboard and mouse with both and switch between them with just a single button press.

BB doesn't support flash, which these days is a must for a full web browsing experience. Doesn't work well with spreadsheets or document editing. No good for photo or video editing. My desktop with a quad core and 22" widescreen display are irreplaceable for those types of things.

For you, if you can get just one, get a notebook. A BB is great for email and other things, but for serious computing and media, a notebook or desktop are vast;y superior to a BB.

Oh, and I carry both a notebook and bb on multi-day trips, but just a bb when I'm out for the day.
    07-27-09 02:25 PM
    Laptop and blackberry. Neither will replace the other. For the people that are saying they no longer need a computer because they have a blackberry, they never needed a computer in the first place then. There are just some things that laptops are used for that a smartphonephone/pda can't replace right now. But it all depends on what you use the laptop for. For instance, if you're satisfied with blackberry browser, email, don't play games, edit videos, type papers for school etc... then you may be content with just a smartphone because you have no use for the functions of a laptop. Otherwise get both and be happy.
    07-27-09 02:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD