OK...I can't be the only one that has thought of this. When I'm at my desk at work, my 8100 sits in the cradle charging. If a call comes in, I must take the phone out of the cradle and hold it up to my ear.

I have speaker phone on my office phone. I have caller ID on my PC screen. Why can't I sync the 8100 up to my desktop for all the functions I enjoy in my car...on screen dialing, speaker phone, etc.

Seems too simple, but I can't find a solution. Replies WELCOMED!@!!!

s.
    07-09-08 05:00 AM
    Finally. Not only do I want what you're talking about, but you're the first perwson I've found who has brought up this issue!
    If I can't sync with my desktop, I'd at least like a dialing accessory I can plug into my Bberry 8330 and use in place of the small buttons on the Bberry keyboard.
    Hasn't anyone else in the world thought of how handy it would be to not have to punch every new phone number in on that dinky keyboard?

keburg1
    01-15-09 06:59 PM
    Weird.

My 8900 is hooked up to my Samsung Notebook. I can take calls through the laptop "a la speakerphone". It's pretty wicked. Great for conference calls, where the BB speaker just doesn't cut it in a meeting room.

I can even play music on my BB, coming out of my laptop.

What I can't seem to find (at least on PC), is a damn caller ID notification. I do have to look at my phone to see who's calling and accept/deny the call.

They have this working for MAC flawlessly, why not XP...go figure!
    04-11-09 03:20 PM
    doesnt it depend on the bt dongle capabilities? funny you say that about mac, the latest iphone has no a2dp!
    04-12-09 08:40 PM
    Aye, well that's the iphone

Macbook's no problem, A2DP.

Also, terms of PC, that is correct depends on the dongle (or built-in BT).

So anyone find/use a PC BT caller notification tool?
    04-13-09 06:49 PM
    Excellent,
    I've been playing around with all the library streaming startups I knew of and none of them do exactly what I want anyone's got invite code.
    04-18-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD