The news that the new desktop is causing problems is just typical RIM. It is unbelievable how this company continues to scew up. BlackBerry is a 'dying breed'. I have a 9930 and I am very pleased with performance. However I use only for email and simply can't type without the great keyboard on this device. If I could make my fat little fingers use a virtual keyboard, I would have left BB long ago. I have tried several other devices and just 'no can do' without big keyboard. I also got a huge laugh the other day when CrackBerry announced that the new London' apperas to have Widgets'. Wow isn't that someting! How many years have Widgets been around?
    I have read articles about a number of large company's that will not make it another year or 2 and RIM was listed. I have no doubt they will go by the wayside like the Palm device. Remember when Palm was one of the first and or best device for email? They just couldn't handle it and good bye.....RIM is doing the same. They are totaly out of control...miserable flop with the tablet and on and on and I have never seen a BlackBerry perfom like Androids when it comes to apps. I don't care what any BB user says. The BB are good for email and that is the END OF THE LINE.
    I just hope they hang in long enough for me to retire in 2 years and I can shut down my mobile email.
    I'm on the way out as well!
    T
    02-16-12 05:19 PM
    There's probably an iphone out there with your name on it.
    Rush right out and get it.
    02-16-12 05:58 PM
    There's probably an iphone out there with your name on it.
    Rush right out and get it.
    Considering that he wrote:
    "I also got a huge laugh the other day when CrackBerry announced that the new London' apperas to have Widgets'. Wow isn't that someting! How many years have Widgets been around?"

The iPhone didn't do widget's until iOS 5 came out a few months ago. I can only assume that he got a huge laugh then as well.

Additionally, he seems to need a physical keyboard (being a 9930 user, he's got the best one money can buy.) writing "however I use only for email and simply can't type without the great keyboard on this device."

The iPhone will probably never have a physical keyboard.

No, I don't think that the OP has an iPhone in his future. Right now, RIM has the only offering that meets his needs.

He should have just written what he's really thinking: "I hate that RIM makes the best phone on the market!"
    02-16-12 06:15 PM
    Well there are those little pens people type with on the ipad, right?
    I don't see any RIM love. Maybe I'm mistaken, but the only good comment was "I have a 9930 and I am very pleased with performance."
    If I didn't like the product that much, I'd run the other way.

JMHO
    02-17-12 12:07 AM
    The news that the new desktop is causing problems is just typical RIM. It is unbelievable how this company continues to scew up. BlackBerry is a 'dying breed'. I have a 9930 and I am very pleased with performance. However I use only for email and simply can't type without the great keyboard on this device. If I could make my fat little fingers use a virtual keyboard, I would have left BB long ago. I have tried several other devices and just 'no can do' without big keyboard. I also got a huge laugh the other day when CrackBerry announced that the new London' apperas to have Widgets'. Wow isn't that someting! How many years have Widgets been around?
    If you really want Widgets, why did you get the 9930? Did you do any research before you purchased your device?
    02-17-12 12:55 AM
    I apologize to all that replied/read my post. I really did not express my frustration/disappointment with RIM very well. I am pleased with my BB and will continue to use until they do go out of business. I do read the forum daily and just find it somewhat interesting that there are so many BB users that believe that the sun rises and sets on RIM devices. However there just seems to be so many delays with launch of new product and consistently problems after introduction, that nothing goes smoothly or onetime.
    Quite honestly I realize I have no business on this forum and (before all the 'pro bloggers' or whatever the term may be) bust my chops....I really only meant to try and express my disappointment with RIM in regards to my comments above.
    So keep on 'Crackin ur Berry'' and I will go away. I wish you all the best.
    Sign me out .....one lost Berry who has no clue what he is talking about.
    TB
    Just so you can have one last laugh at my stupidity......I did just buy an iPad!
    02-17-12 05:08 PM
    I don't think anyone's lauging...

And wishing you all the best as well...

Hope you love your new ipad. If not, come on back!
    02-19-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD