So I have always been a holster type person however I have a problem with the design of the Z10 holster IT COVERS THE SPEAKER AND I CAN BARELY HERE THE PHONE WHEN IT RINGS
    Sorry but you can imagine how frustrating it is when you missed the call you have been waiting for. Does anyone know if there is another holster besides the blackberry brand that was made with a slot or gap at the bottom to allow the speaker to see daylight so to speak. If not my copyright lol

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    03-30-13 09:21 PM
    Put the phone in upside down, so the speaker is facing up.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    03-30-13 09:30 PM
    Then you hit the power button and have to flip your phone every time you need to use it

03-30-13 09:42 PM
    Then you hit the power button and have to flip your phone every time you need to use it

What do you mean hit the power button?

I don't use a holster (yet, since I ordered it and it hasn't arrived), but I put my phone into my pocket upside down, with the lock button towards the buttom of my pants. This way I can slide my phone half way out, swipe up half way and peak at my notifications. If it is not something I care about, I can swipe back down and the screen will lock. Then back in my pocket it goes. Likewise for checking the time.
    I'd assume it'd be the same with a holster. But the phone should turn on when you pull it out of your holster? Maybe?
    Yes, I agree the holster being completely closed is a problem. I liked my old 8900 holster which was like a U piece of leather with two elastic straps on the sides so the bottom of the holster was open. Unfortunately, none of the new holsters are like that, and the Z10 is just too long for the 8900 holster.
    03-30-13 09:50 PM
    When I put it in backwords it holds down on the power button and turns off the phone

03-30-13 10:13 PM
    Put the phone in upside down, so the speaker is facing up.

That is how I insert my Z10 in the holster with the screen towards my body, on the left side. When I pull it out with my right hand, it is naturally being held in the upright position in front of me.
    03-30-13 10:15 PM
    Cut a slot in the bottom with a sharp blade.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and ddlax22 like this.
    03-30-13 10:35 PM
    When I put it in backwords it holds down on the power button and turns off the phone
    The case is tapered along the seams. I guess it can happen is you apply pressure at the bottom center portion. So far, I haven't have the phone power down on me yet.
    03-30-13 11:52 PM
    I have a holster (I don't use it much though) and I can't say I have this problem. Do you work in a loud environment?

03-31-13 08:13 AM
    Cut a slot in the bottom with a sharp blade.

Posted via CB10
    Had the exact same problem. This solution is crude but works.
    03-31-13 08:16 AM
    Seidio is producing some nice holsters

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:59 AM
    I ended up getting a case/holster combo from the T-Mobile store (came in a T-Mobile branded container). The case is a hard shell that wraps around the sides and back, and has a flip-out stand that works in landscape and portrait orientation.

The holster is made to work with the case. It has two prongs that hold the case in place. It has the sleep magnet built in, so when I slide the phone out, it wakes up automatically. The nice thing is that the holster doesn't cover the speaker.

So far, I'm really pleased with the combination. It's not too bulky, and it fits snug against my hip. I'll have to take a couple photos of the setup.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:13 AM
    Thanks for all the advice I'm looking into your suggestions has I speak (well type)

04-05-13 08:12 PM