View Poll Results: In terms of Design, what devices do you prefer?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Legacy Devices

13 34.21%
  • BlackBerry 10 Devices

18 47.37%
  • No difference / I like both

4 10.53%
  • Neither, They need to come up with something else

3 7.89%
    I prefer the style of the 9900, but in my opinion the build quality of the Q10 is far superior.

Posted via CB10
    I will take the aluminum in the body vs the Q10 plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-13-14 04:25 PM
    I think the 9900 is the pinnacle of BlackBerry design and the new phones should follow those lines. Including the real metal around the rim. The older models like the 9650 look kind of Fisher-Price to me though.
    I can tell you that I have a Bold 9900 in front of me and it's not painted on, it's riveted on via two tiny rivets at the bottom of the device. The cheaper lines such as the curve 9300 carries a painted finish of chrome effect.

Posted via CB10
    Those are not rivets, they're charging contacts. I believe there is a stainless steel chassis which the outer rim is a part of.

And the guy was talking about the Q10.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-13-14 05:14 PM
    Imagine a Z10 like device but with an outer bezel like that of the Bold 9900. That sounds sexy to me.
    04-13-14 05:25 PM
    I think the 9900 is the pinnacle of BlackBerry design and the new phones should follow those lines. Including the real metal around the rim. The older models like the 9650 look kind of Fisher-Price to me though.

Those are not rivets, they're charging contacts. I believe there is a stainless steel chassis which the outer rim is a part of.

And the guy was talking about the Q10.
    My mistake though I thought that they also served as a rivet to secure it to the body, there are also some sort of metallic inlaids that run across the keyboard between the keys and that too adds.to the premium look and feel.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:33 PM
    Imagine a Z10 like device but with an outer bezel like that of the Bold 9900. That sounds sexy to me.
    That would be beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:37 PM
    I totally agree. To me, BlackBerry is still keyboard keyboard keyboard, even though I do absolutely understand the economic importance of producing full touch devices.

I still like the look of BlackBerry legacy devices and for example the 9900 doesn't look outdated at all to me.

So what I really hope is that the BlackBerry "classic", the Q20, is going to be a real classic device with the goal to combine the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Nemzy likes this.
    04-13-14 05:41 PM
    That look nice but that isn't actually chrome, It is the silver bezel that comes with the white Q10
    04-13-14 07:21 PM
    Just recently picked up a storm 2 to check it out and play around with it. Looking at it and other legacy devices, I really feel like the design of the BB10 devices just isn't BlackBerry (if you know what I mean). Not that the designs are horrible, but I actually prefer the look of the legacy devices. I mean Blackberry could have gotten rid of the chrome linings on legacy devices because after a while they didn't look so good but the overall design of Legacy devices, I think were better than that of BB10. I mean the Z30 can be easily confused with an android device. The older curves look so much better than the Q5 / Kopi. I have a Q10 and I think its probably the best looking BB10 device out there.

What do you guys think?
    I completely agree with you.
    04-14-14 02:35 AM
    Thanks . So far the majority of people that have voted seem to prefer BB10
    04-14-14 08:23 AM
    I still don't get the "blackberry will always be a keyboard " to me kind of thinking.

It's like saying computers will always be desktop to me. Technology evolves. Both types are blackberry products and people need to move forward

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and Bbnivende like this.
    04-14-14 09:18 AM
    I still don't get the "blackberry will always be a keyboard " to me kind of thinking.

It's like saying computers will always be desktop to me. Technology evolves. Both types are blackberry products and people need to move forward

Posted via CB10
    Design: BB10 vs Legacy-flamesuit2.jpg

I hadn't even seen that image in ages..

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-14-14 09:22 AM
    Thanks . So far the majority of people that have voted seem to prefer BB10
    That is because the majority of CB members - especially the active ones - own BB10 devices.
    04-14-14 09:35 AM
    That is because the majority of CB members - especially the active ones - own BB10 devices.
    I understand that but I own a Q10 and previously had a Z10. I still prefer the design of some of the legacy devices to BB10.

Doesn't make sense for someone to say they prefer BB10 device designs just because they own BB10 devices.
    04-14-14 11:17 AM
    I understand that but I own a Q10 and previously had a Z10. I still prefer the design of some of the legacy devices to BB10.

Doesn't make sense for someone to say they prefer BB10 device designs just because they own BB10 devices.
    There really is not any equivalent legacy design for the all touch device.

04-14-14 12:00 PM
    There really is not any equivalent legacy design for the all touch device.

Slimmer, taller Modern Storm 2 and Bold 9900 hybrid with chrome bezel? lol
    04-14-14 12:11 PM
    I actually get what you're saying OP. There is a certain something about some of our previous devices. I'm kind of hoping the upcoming BlackBerry Classic is the ticket. I'm in that camp that says the 9930 is still the sexiest BB to date.
    Nemzy and cgallaer like this.
    04-14-14 01:05 PM
    IMO it's harder for the Z phones to nail the legacy feel since they are full touchscreens. Although when I'm using my Z10, it feels like a BlackBerry to me and not an iOS, android or WP8 phone. The UI look is familiar, and once I got used to the gestures I didn't miss the hard buttons and track pad at all.

The Bold 99xx was the best old school BlackBerry and the best design execution on a legacy BlackBerry. The Q10 is every bit of a BlackBerry design and stands out in today's world of touchscreen slabs.

Blackberry Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.2.1.537
    04-14-14 01:19 PM
    Q10 is truly the best looking BBY 10, but with the full touch screens is difficult to make the difference.
    To my point of view apart of iPhone all other touch screens are looking pretty same.

Sent from my Z 30
    04-15-14 06:27 PM
    Q10 is truly the best looking BBY 10, but with the full touch screens is difficult to make the difference.
    To my point of view apart of iPhone all other touch screens are looking pretty same.

Sent from my Z 30
    The only Z that really stands out is the red one. The one that they gave out free to developers but will not sell to mortals.

04-15-14 07:41 PM
44 12