a very good read, don't forget to check out this section in the article -> What does QNX mean for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10?

Boorow.com Story: In Depth: PlayBook 2.0: what you need to know

this guy exactly spoke my mind and I have been saying this all along, the unique killer feature of BB10 will leverage QNX's distributed computing. Imagine in Avatar movie where the guy drags a app from a big screen to a tablet and walks away with the app running on the tablet and that is something which is possible with QNX/BB10.

Imagine the magic it will weave when you have devices running QNX/BB10 on phones, tablets, entertainment consoles, car infotainment and much more.

if you guys have noticed, this feature has been indirectly demoed in one of the QNX car presentations @CES2012

Last edited by sf49ers; 02-08-12 at 06:58 PM.
    02-08-12 06:36 PM
    WOW!!! Great article. Have to say i'm even more excited and stoked for Playbook 2.0 and BB10 then Ever!!
    Thanks for sharing
    02-08-12 06:53 PM
    I'm extremely glad I went with a Playbook tablet but I'm now really looking forward to jumping ship from Android to BB10 on my phone this year. I've really come to appreciate the QNX OS

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 07:13 PM
    Thanks for sharing OP...I'm really looking forward to this update.
    02-08-12 07:14 PM
    Great article! Just one question, Will the PIM apps work via the bridge or just wifi?
    02-08-12 08:27 PM
    Awesome, I do enjoy reading it a lot. Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    02-08-12 08:29 PM
    That was a good article thanks for the read.
    02-08-12 09:23 PM
    the date 2.0 will be released cannot come soon enough. pb is true road warrior but soon it will be come THE ultimate road warrior.
    02-08-12 09:35 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing QNX Distributed Multi Processing used in cloud deployed usage

QNX Neutrino RTOS
    02-08-12 09:47 PM
    Great article and example from the movie Avatar...that was a good movie

I really like reading about the cool things in QNX
    02-08-12 09:54 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    amazing!! .. Playbook 2.0 officially out within two week!!! ..
    02-08-12 09:55 PM
    That article is definitely a lift. I've been using my PB a lot less since the last OS 2 beta update. The reason is that I find it a lot less stable than the previous beta, but I don't want to give up the Android Kindle app, so I put up with it. When I'm not using the Kindle app, however, I'm not using the PB as much. When the official OS 2 hits, I should be back to making full use of it.
    02-09-12 07:18 AM
    This was an excellent read. Thank you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 09:08 AM
    thanks for sharing something positive.
    02-09-12 12:54 PM
    Thank you for sharing positive news. I enjoy the positives.
    02-09-12 04:44 PM
    One advantage of QNX is what Heins calls a "next-generation content and communications flow not just between apps on the same device but between devices; a seamless experience that will be used in cars, in the home and in even more vertical segments to come".

QNX looks at the system it's running on very differently from other operating systems. When it connects to other QNX systems, as long as it has the right permissions it treats their resources as if they're part of your system - so a photo stored on another QNX system shows up alongside the photos on your device.

That means a QNX system in a car could have the list of addresses or the music files from your PlayBook without you having to sync it. In PlayBook OS 2.0 the Open To feature will let you take a picture on your BlackBerry and display it immediately on your PlayBook.
    I read that and got really excited. I think RIM has something special that could change how people live. I hope they have that vision too and they get the message out to the public. RIM needs to go on a massive marketing campaign to get this info out there so people change their current perceptions.

I even think QNX could cause Apple to revamp their OS if it starts to catch on.
    02-09-12 07:26 PM
    Trust that RIM is already working with QNX clientele to take advantage of current existing QNX systems and incorporating BB10 with them. ....
    02-10-12 11:23 AM
    Trust that RIM is already working with QNX clientele to take advantage of current existing QNX systems and incorporating BB10 with them. ....
    What's wrong? - only one wink this time. You have an unlimited supply you know
    missing_K-W likes this.
    02-10-12 11:29 AM
    What's wrong? - only one wink this time. You have an unlimited supply you know
    Some people rely believe their clever?
    02-10-12 07:48 PM
    Some people rely believe their clever?
    02-10-12 08:29 PM
    QNX looks at the system it's running on very differently from other operating systems. When it connects to other QNX systems, ..... it treats their resources as if they're part of your system
    I can't wait to operate the Canadarm on the International Space Station with my BB Phone!!!.....Do you think my phone's Bluetooth signal will reach that far?

BlackBerry Bold 1000! The remote control of choice for astronauts
    02-11-12 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD