02-03-13 11:20 AM
33 12
tools
    So... You admit that this is an attempt to troll.
    Good job. You go, Glen Coco.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Rickroller and mikeo007 like this.
    02-02-13 09:51 PM
    I'm not sure which direction this thread is going, but I agree with the OP in that Blackberry is here to stay and as long as their devices work for me, I will continue to buy them (as will millions of people around the world) no matter the mainstream media says. The question is which of the minor players (besides Android and iOS) will survive.

I don't see a world where there are only 2 OS's. I see BB10 taking form but it will take time... QNX has a lengthy history and it seems to be a strong platform to build on with great fast performance on ok hardware, so Blackberry can take advantage of using cheaper hardware to make greater profit or cheaper phones.

Blackberry has a good following outside USA and in some emerging economies where the populations and income levels are improving but it is a long-game. Hopefully these populations will remain loyal to the brand but the key is Blackberry has to at least offer a product similar to the top from the competition, which is the Z10's role for all touch screens. As these populations become affluent enough to afford iPhones and other top 'Droids, Blackberry will need to keep them from moving away.

Why do I buy Blackberry phones? Because for me they are reasonably priced, do what I need them to do during my daily grind, and get the job done. I don't follow every app trend out there, but I do check new apps and some I like and keep. But I know Blackberry is NOT for everyone and it could never be. It just needs to keep up with the pack for now and keep the momentum it had before the launch!

No resting on it's laurels like before, this hopefully taught them a lesson that they have to keep pro-active and not retro-active. One remembers how Microsoft ignored the internet for years and lost it's browser share to Netscape, finally figured it out. Well Blackberry took a while to finally realize they needed a major overhaul to be able to keep up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-02-13 11:52 PM
    all in all i think i can deal with the things i'll be losing functionality wise when i get a z10, although i'm not sure about push email, i can't believe blackberry is no longer doing push email, and am really sort of on the fence about how big of a deal this is. i deal with probably around 200 emails a day, and i can't be waiting for it to poll every 15 minutes.
    02-03-13 02:41 AM
    all in all i think i can deal with the things i'll be losing functionality wise when i get a z10, although i'm not sure about push email, i can't believe blackberry is no longer doing push email, and am really sort of on the fence about how big of a deal this is. i deal with probably around 200 emails a day, and i can't be waiting for it to poll every 15 minutes.
    What kind of email accounts do you have? I can confirm imap idle accounts are push. I just tested Gmail too and it's instant push too, yahoo not so much.

Edit- yahoo email turned up 5 minutes later.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 02-03-13 at 03:29 AM.
    02-03-13 03:16 AM
    What kind of email accounts do you have? I can confirm imap idle accounts are push. I just tested Gmail too and it's instant push too, yahoo not so much.

Edit- yahoo email turned up 5 minutes later.
    gmail being the most important yeah, for now it seems gmail will push because activesync is still working, but google has announced they are ending activesync support in the near future. if you use gmail be sure to get it set up with activesync RIGHT NOW because after january 30th it's gone for all new setups, but will continue to work with existing setups. this is a real blow to american customers who don't have that option as the release is delayed.
    Last edited by katiepea; 02-03-13 at 04:12 AM.
    02-03-13 03:33 AM
    That's absolutely correct but he does touch on one valid point; every single launch of every BB i've ever followed, even before I actually joined the forums myself, I have always seen people griping and complaining about something, whether they claim to love or hate BlackBerry. A new device is released, and someone's expectations are automatically never met. It's different if you've tried something for a while and then decide you don't like it, but launch day for g*d sakes. Oh well, it's the nature of the internet I suppose.
    Blackberry seems to be the exact opposite of Apple when it comes to launching their products; Apple is a great at keeping their products under wraps until they are ready to release it, then they hold an event and say "the iPhone X/iPad X" will be available for sale on X date (typically about a week after the announcement). In short, Apple tends to under-promise and over-deliver when it comes to product launches. By contrast, Blackberry has been promising for 1 1/2 years that BB 10 was coming, yet for that 1 1/2 year stretch it didn't come. Finally when it does come, Blackberry holds a big, worldwide launch event in New York, and they run a commercial during the broadcast of what is annually the most-watched event in the U.S. in a given year. However, Blackberry also notes that the country where the launch event was held and the commercial was being shown won't have any BB 10 smartphones available for at least another month. WTF?!? In contrast to Apple, Blackberry tends to over-promise (and in some cases under-deliver - hopefully that won't be the case with BB 10) when it comes to their product launches.
    02-03-13 05:06 AM
    There were bound to be leaks because of all the Dev Alpha's seeded to developers. Also, in the end it is better than Blackberry was at least sending out regular hints/leaks in BB10's progress...

Imagine if it went silent for 2 years, by the time they were ready to announce they would have a stock value of $0 and no users left.

Thank god for BB10 progress leaks, at least it kept people watching and following and waiting for it to come out. Better late than never!!!

Having said that, I think now they can take a more Apple-style approach when it comes to new hardware and features, because developers have the hardware to work on and don't need to hold any pre-release devices.

Also, a regular release schedule needs to be put forth with updates on specs and OS tweaks. Lots of room for incremental refinement just like iPhone, but please keep to 2 models only... Like Z10... 11... 12... etc. for all-touch, and Q10... 11.. etc for key. Please no more dozens of phone models! Put all resources into software/app refinement and stop trying to make dozens of hardware variations.

This should focus Blackberry back to what is important.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-03-13 10:01 AM
    Not sure if I get the point.... What I have found though the years is that people with negative opinnions seen to spend way more time posting them on boards like this.... what I do not understand is why people give so much energy to the negative comments...Heard about the supposed call quality issue... a few but only a few make it sound like all devices... that is the nature of the beast..... what is amusing is the phone has only been out 2 days... how could anyone possible make an "intelligent" assessent on the whole platform with 2 days is beyond me.... why does everone do us all a favor and why not wait till a broad based user feed back... finally to the naysayers.... perfection does not exist except maybe in the world of Apple.....
    02-03-13 11:20 AM
33 12