Let me be the first, I think, to publicly call out all the "supporters" of RIM/Blackberry who, on this very site, said it would not last to even launch these phones......Many of those same folks have been tearing up this page the last two days letting us all know they are deeply disappointed in the way the presentation was done and how BB is sure to have problems in the future.....The same lines they fed us 2 years ago, a year ago, 6 months ago and so on....,Blackberry is here, it is not going anywhere and the phones will do good enough to keep the company open for business even if it does changes hands...,,,,YEAHHHHHHHH for the haters..............................NOT! WE WIN, you lose.....

tkh
    02-01-13 05:55 PM
    I agree fully.

The phone looks excellent, aside from the concern over battery life (its removable though, so easy fixed).

It looked dicey for a while, but they got it done.
    02-01-13 06:13 PM
    Agree...I hope they build and build on the pre-launch momentum placing all the haters and high brow occasional’s in their place...which coincidently is by themselves pushing their home button...just kidding...I really hope it puts them in a store buying one for themselves.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    02-01-13 06:25 PM
    Many of us are concerned over the poor reviews the phone is getting. I am most concerned over the consistent complaints over poor calling quality.
    02-02-13 04:23 AM
    Many of us are concerned over the poor reviews the phone is getting. I am most concerned over the consistent complaints over poor calling quality.
    i want to read more about this! Where are you readintg this?
    02-02-13 05:10 AM
    Let me be the first, I think, to publicly call out all the "supporters" of RIM/Blackberry who, on this very site, said it would not last to even launch these phones......Many of those same folks have been tearing up this page the last two days letting us all know they are deeply disappointed in the way the presentation was done and how BB is sure to have problems in the future.....The same lines they fed us 2 years ago, a year ago, 6 months ago and so on....,Blackberry is here, it is not going anywhere and the phones will do good enough to keep the company open for business even if it does changes hands...,,,,YEAHHHHHHHH for the haters..............................NOT! WE WIN, you lose.....

tkh
    Childish to the max! And CB let's it stand.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    02-02-13 06:42 AM

tkh
    It's not about winning

For me it's kind of like watching a good friend make significant mistakes. You want them to do well but you can see their actions may keep them from doing well. You try to offer advice and hope they will hear at least some of it.

For a lot of us in the USA we are very concerned that the delay will hurt our friend Blackberry in the end no matter who's "fault" it is.
    randall2580, Saiga and CHIP72 like this.
    02-02-13 06:52 AM

Tim

That's absolutely correct but he does touch on one valid point; every single launch of every BB i've ever followed, even before I actually joined the forums myself, I have always seen people griping and complaining about something, whether they claim to love or hate BlackBerry. A new device is released, and someone's expectations are automatically never met. It's different if you've tried something for a while and then decide you don't like it, but launch day for g*d sakes. Oh well, it's the nature of the internet I suppose.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-02-13 07:01 AM
    Why worry about such things?
    02-02-13 07:47 AM
    Not from the reviews I've read.

BlackBerry Z10 review: a new life, or life support? | The Verge
    As I expected, call quality and general audio output (both earpiece and speaker) on the Z10 performed excellently. The sound was loud and clear with no distortion, and made talking on the phone (something I generally try to avoid) pleasant when it happened. I can't exactly recommend listening to music casually through the speakers on the Z10, but if you must, the sound reproduction is decent enough to hear most details.

Data was no slouch compared to other AT&T LTE devices I tested, and both cellular and Wi-Fi antennas seemed to latch onto networks easily and not let go without a fight. That's not a surprise, but it's good to know that BlackBerry is still at the top of its game when it comes to the basics.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-review
    The phone call quality is good. I always call the same people on the same carrier in the same area when I get a new phone, and calls came through crystal clear. The speakerphone performed with the quality we have come to expect from BlackBerry over the years. No complaints here.

As for music, use the excellent headphones packaged with the device or take advantage of Bluetooth; music played back through the device speaker starts to get tinny and blow out a bit as you crank the volume.
    These are coming from The Verge and Crackberry, two sites I trust a lot when it comes to reviews.
    Pdinos3 and Toodeurep like this.
    02-02-13 08:24 AM

Tim

Thanks Tim...your opinion of my comment or me or both is on the record.....

02-02-13 08:38 AM
    I expected some name calling, I expected some disagreements....I'm REALLY, REALLY hoping some of those who had BB "left for dead" will respond!
    02-02-13 08:41 AM
    I'm confused, what did the op win?
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-02-13 08:53 AM
    I expected some name calling, I expected some disagreements....I'm REALLY, REALLY hoping some of those who had BB "left for dead" will respond!
    Respond to what, exactly?

You're putting the cart before the horse, don't you think? Why not wait a few months until the phones are in the wild completely and we see if any issues rear their ugly heads (storm, anyone?) before declaring this a sparkling victory.

There was a ton of buzz for the Pre too. We all know how that turned out.

Just sayin'.

Look, I will likely own a z10 down the road, but I will never be an early adopter for BB again. The iPhone 5 sold a ton out the door and then sales dropped off. We haven't sold a 5 in 2 months. We still sell more 4s. Apple is discounting hardware for the first time ever because of this, and that wasn't a massive re branding with a new from the first line of code OS. It's like the Maple Leafs fans declaring the Stanley Cup parade on when the team strings together 3 wins in a row.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 09:21 AM
    Do you have a phone in hand to prove your suspicion?
    Do you believe everything you hear?
    If so I have a bridge......
    nocturnal123 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:25 AM
    Do you have a phone in hand to prove your suspicion?
    Do you believe everything you hear?
    If so I have a bridge......
    We had a bit of echo and static on the in store demo right out of the box. This occurred on multiple test calls and both speaker and handset. Indoors or outdoors didn't matter.

I spent most of my 8 hour shift yesterday testing the crap out of this phone to answer questions for people.

02-02-13 09:27 AM
    You can tell who is a troll or a ex-rim employee. I laugh at all the made up negative comments since they are biased. I like crackberry kevin since he tells it like it is both good and bad while the trolls and ex-rim employees will twist both good and bad.
    02-02-13 10:02 AM
    You can tell who is a troll or a ex-rim employee. I laugh at all the made up negative comments since they are biased. I like crackberry kevin since he tells it like it is both good and bad while the trolls and ex-rim employees will twist both good and bad.
    If that was directed at me, I beg to differ. Someone asked about call quality. I answered what we experienced with the phone. Do YOU have access to one?

02-02-13 11:33 AM
    My 4s is getting an update as we speak...reason for update...."improvements and bug fixes". 5 years in this OS and still improving...point is. Remember that when commenting....from the few things pointed out so far on the Z10 I'm pretty sure BB has launched a pretty impressive device for a brand new OS.
    02-02-13 11:41 AM
    Sorry, no. I just see posts by flag wavers and pragmatists. I would say I am cautiously optimistic but to blow smoke up someones @ss is foolish.
    02-02-13 12:10 PM
    Lets face it for real, this just is not going to happen. Tell me about the stock (down), what happens to all the third party programs I have, will they (ever) work on my Torch, do I now have to wait almost two years as I got my Torch 9810 a few months ago. Even if Apple is down, they still sell more phones that RIM sells in total, and Android is slapping everyone. It's just to little to late, way to many major companies that used it for their employees gave up the ghost, and there is nothing to say that the 10 is going to bring them back.

tkh
    02-02-13 01:59 PM
    That's absolutely correct but he does touch on one valid point; every single launch of every BB i've ever followed, even before I actually joined the forums myself, I have always seen people griping and complaining about something, whether they claim to love or hate BlackBerry. A new device is released, and someone's expectations are automatically never met. It's different if you've tried something for a while and then decide you don't like it, but launch day for g*d sakes. Oh well, it's the nature of the internet I suppose.

I've been on the forums for a ton of different phone releases, whether it be different Android handsets, or BB's, and no matter what, there is always people with issues. It's the nature of the beast. You can't please everyone, and what's important to one might not be to another. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and what you as a consumer must do is just wade thru the complaints and look for trends. Generally, after a few days, if there are "problems" that stand out, you'll hear about them. Then one must decide if that's a factor in your purchasing decision, or not.
    02-02-13 07:02 PM

tkh
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-02-13 07:05 PM
    This reads: I laugh at things that sound bad but believe everything that sounds good, then I let people know I'm laughing at them to prove they're lying. Sound logic
    reeneebob and mikeo007 like this.
    02-02-13 07:16 PM
    POP QUIZ...based on the replies to my original thread which member probably feels like they are one of the members I called out........hahahahahah...I'm lovin this.....
    02-02-13 09:19 PM
33 12