I have a Storm 1 and I moved music from my PC to Storm via Windows explorer. All is well so we think. I see one copy of the song on the Storm itself and via windows explorer I see two copies of it. So I see others have this duplication problem too so I live with it.

But the question is. I have sinced added to, modified and deleted my music to my liking on the pc. I now want to delete all the music on the storm and copy back to it.

But I can only delete one copy of the song on the storm (via explorer) - as the other is "not really there" type of thing. So basically I cannot highlight all songs in the folder and hit delete because it errors after the first kill.

How do I wipe the folder on the storm without wiping everything? I dont want to use desktop manager if I dont have to. And if anyone has solution to duplicate song/picture thing itself that is a bonus !

TIA
    03-16-10 11:43 AM
    With Win explorer showing all files and folders find and erase all copies of bbthumb.dat files and reboot and see if that cleans up the dupes.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-16-10 03:51 PM
    There is no copies of bbthumb.dat on the computer. Basically I want to be able to use windows explorer to copy, erase music on blackberry based on what I got on my computer. And I cannot do so, because win explorer shows two of everything on the blackberry.
    04-09-10 05:08 PM
    There is no copies of bbthumb.dat on the computer.
    This is a hidden file. Check that you are searching hidden folders on your media card.

04-09-10 06:12 PM
    This is a hidden file. Check that you are searching hidden folders on your media card.

Checking for this file on the computer or the BB ?
    04-10-10 10:09 AM
    The file is on your BB.
    04-10-10 11:57 AM
    Only .dat file on my BB is playsequence.dat

Is there anyway I can delete all music on my phone without wiping the memory card completely ?!
    04-10-10 02:49 PM
    anybody ?
    04-12-10 08:07 PM
    Still struggling with this ... just want to use the device's memory card with Windows explorer and there are two of every file (although there really is not), so I cannot do mass deletes / copies.
    09-14-10 08:49 PM
    I've got you beat. I tried to use Windows Media Player as a source for a sync and I now have three of every song on my 9700 bold. And don't even try to sync with the BB desktop manager. It'll randomly deleat music files without guidance. Fun, fun, fun.
    04-12-11 09:47 PM
    Three! You certainly do have me beat. I have deemed my memory card for pix, music, etc unmanageable by any means at this point.
    04-13-11 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD