Ok I've been looking up many different ways on speeding up my phone, and getting more memory BUT...

I've deleted all my applications and themes I don't use, and in the third party and add-on section I only have like 3 total.

So how do I get rid of: example, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, Facebook, Realtone Jukebox, Access Shop? How do I get rid of them? Since none of them I use.

And any easy tips of creating more memory and speeding up the BB would be great.
    01-24-10 08:18 PM
    You won't get speed, the newer OS do all they can, and I don't know your device or OS. You can free up a lot of memory, following either of these links:

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 08:28 PM
    Thanks...What OS would you recommend me for my older 8330? I have OS 5.0.0.230
    01-24-10 08:32 PM
    Well heck, if that's the new Boost OS, you should have at least 20MB free. It's still pushing it, and quite frankly with the processor speed of the 8330 I have to question the wisdom of releasing 5.0 for it. You might be better off downgrading to 4.5, and waiting till a good hybrid comes out.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

01-24-10 08:38 PM
    I was thinking of down grading once again but, I got 30mb free right now so...I dont know....my 5.0 has a weird SMS problem so...
    01-24-10 08:42 PM
    That is a toss up as to whether to keep 4.5 or move to 5.0 on the 8330. You could do a test and see which feels faster. Hopefully you removed the non essentials (voice activated dialing, etc) when you loaded the OS. Good luck!

01-24-10 08:42 PM
    That's my problem. I didn't get rid of all that when I loaded 5.0....
    01-24-10 08:45 PM
    So do I have to reload my OS in order to get rid of all that?

Google Talk, Messenger, Voice Activated Dialing? All that garbage?
    01-24-10 08:46 PM
    A lot of those icons are only launchers. They are not installed (unless you launch them) and take up very little memory. They are also pushed by your carrier through the service books, so even if you do delete the launcher icon, they will be pushed back. Basically, you can't get rid of them. Just do like everyone else does and hide them in a folder.

01-24-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD