Anybody know why my Tour will no longer detect a bluetooth headset that I previously had connected to my device? I deleted it from my bluetooth devices list on my Tour, but now it will no longer detect it when I do a search for new devices.
    07-09-10 11:37 AM
    Do you re-enable the BB's bluetooth? You can close it down so that others cannot find your BB. I usually set it for TWO MINUTES when re-enabled.

Also, there was a bug in the BT when upgrading to one of the OS 5 updates. But that generally would not allow you to get to or remove devices or add new ones. You said you did remove it.
    07-09-10 11:51 AM
    Discoverable has always been set to "yes" on my device. The problem came when I loaded a different OS. I was not able to connect to my pc bluetooth dongle or the headset, so I deleted them both off my device.

Finally all of a sudden I was able to connect to my pc again, but when I do a search, it is never able to find the headset I deleted from the list. I was, however, able to connect to my old headset that I had never connected to my Tour before...so I am still able to add new devices.

This is so frustrating. So far no one has an answer about why this is happening. I'm hoping one of you geniuses can figure it out.
    07-09-10 12:15 PM
    If you did do an OS update - that probably is the problem.

How I solved it, not simply but not hard - I used BBSAK to delete the Bluetooth cod file. All my BT devices were gone. I then used BBSAK to reload the BT cod file. At that point I was able to start over and re-add all of my devices. It worked for me but I don't promise anything.

I had 5 devices. After the update, 3 would not connect. I could not remove or even view properties on them. They were just locked there on the screen but ineffective.

The other solution I've read about is to downgrade the OS, remove the devices in 4.7x OS and then upgrade OS and re-add.
    07-09-10 01:55 PM
    It seems like an issue with the headset though. For one, because i was able to re-add my pc, as well as add the other, older headset to my Tour, and I can still remove items from my BT list as well.

And also, my old Moto Razr cannot find this headset in question either. It's like it was "locked in" to my Tour and now it is completely unusable/findable. It's a Plantronics, and I did not change the factory passcode for it.
    07-09-10 04:30 PM
    Well, then the other possibility about which I don't know much (G) is that the headset can only pair with a limited number of devices. Find the manual for the headset and see if you can clear the phones it is already paired with. Some will just "push" the older pairing off as you attempt a new pairing, I believe. Others may need to be "cleaned"
    07-09-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD