Hi

I am currently getting my work email via BIS, althrough my company has BES, but I do not intend to use it simply just don't like the IT policy.

My company exchange server support the OWA (Outlook Web Access), so I can set up email account via BIS. The emails are pusing through all right, but there is 10-15 minutes delay.

For instance, when a new email arrived, I can see it appears in my Inbox on the OWA, however it takes 10-15 minutes to push to my BlackBerry.

Anyone has ideas? Or is there any configuration needs to be amended on the Exchange Server?

Thanks
    05-22-08 06:05 PM
    This is normal, but as of late the delay is getting shorter and shorter. This is controlled by RIM, not your company BTW.
    05-22-08 06:38 PM
    That is normal. That's how BIS works.

Every 15 minutes BIS checks for new mail and sends a copy to your device.

A trick people usually do, is to set up a forwarding rule from their OWA account to their blackberry address (@carriername.blackberry.net). The bb.net email is instant. Example:

Mail arrives on OWA > forwarded to bb.net address > arrives on device instantly

You just need to change the 'Reply to' field to be your OWA account, and alos remove your OWA integration as youll get duplicates.

If you need instructions feel free to PM me.
    05-22-08 06:40 PM
    I usually get my work mail, via BIS, before it shows up in Outlook @90% of the time.
    05-22-08 06:42 PM

A trick people usually do, is to set up a forwarding rule from their OWA account to their blackberry address (@carriername.blackberry.net). The bb.net email is instant. Example:

You just need to change the 'Reply to' field to be your OWA account, and alos remove your OWA integration as youll get duplicates.

Yeah, but then your sent items don't end up in your Exchange Sent Items folder, so that's a big negative. Besides, if you do forwarding you can't set it up so that people don't know you're responding from your BB. (If properly integrated and you change the BIS signature to match your Outlook one.)
    05-22-08 06:46 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I have tried your method, and it works really great. However the problem is, all mails received you can not tell who sent you unless you view the email. Yet I believe it is the best way at moment!!!!!

You mentioned that BIS checks for new mail every 15 minutes, are u sure about this? Coz my personal emails (e.g. BT, Yahoo) are pushing to my BB instantly.

Thanks

05-22-08 06:48 PM
    Further working on the above problem. If I "redirect" the new email to my BB emails rather than "forward". It actually shows up the sender information as normal.

However there is still one problem, when I redirect all my work emails to BB email, some of them got redirected, but some don't (only happened to the external emails).

Have I missed anything from my work Exchange server?

Thanks
    05-27-08 07:26 AM
    If I can add to this my setup and current issues.....

We are set up on BIS with vodafone mobileemail email address, Exchange forwarding to blackberry email address, and BIS "reply to" set to company address. BIS is then set up to auto Bcc the company address, and a filter set to not forward messages from company email address to the device (to prevent constant loop of emails). Finally, a rule is set on the client machine that sets any email from the clients email address moved to sent items and marked as read. Therefore, emails appear to be from company address, and also are copied to send items on the client machine. This has been working fine now for a couple of years.

After recently switching from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, a number of our users are getting Non Delivery Reports from Exchange 2010, which after some investigations are generated due to Sender Filtering on Exchange server. If I disable the reply to address in BIS, the errors stop, however the email then appears to be from vodafone email address, and not acceptable.

Due to this error (which I would be very grateful for any advice how to fix) I am looking at adopting BIS with OWA. I have this working on my Blackberry, however as above am now experiencing a 15 minute delay on incoming emails, compared to instant receive of emails forwarded to vodafone address, and also have the issue where emails delivered to custom folders are not sent to the device.

If anyone can offer some advice on the sender filtering issue that would be much appreciated as don;t think my user could put up with a 15 minute delay unless there is a way to optimise this!

Many thanks in advance
    05-28-10 06:57 AM
    What you should do is set up BESx on the Exchange server. It's completely free.
    05-28-10 01:07 PM
    Company already has a BES. The likelihood of the IT installing BESx is very low.
    05-28-10 04:41 PM
    What you should do is set up BESx on the Exchange server. It's completely free.
    Company already has a BES. The likelihood of the IT installing BESx is very low.
    Whoops my bad. Hehe. I missed that in the OP. It could still happen. Is there a computer you can install it on from work or a server? Maybe they just might let you.
    05-28-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD