One thing I have noticed in the last couple years is how fast people pull the trigger on (on line trash talk about a retailer). While I know phones are expensive and there is nothing worse than opening a package and receiving a broken/defective/used for new device. Maybe before your start ranting and trash talking, how about contacting the retailer. Let's see the response first, than let's talk. But thread after thread about TCL and alike just shows the smallness of the writer. Yes tell us there is an issue, we want to know. But companies dumping defective merchandise on the market, and thinking no one will notice. You really think that? I know there are plenty of cases of companies doing just that Ford with the Pinto comes to mind. But most if not the large majority do not. Since we now how have something called the internet those days are coming to if not over with defective and denial responses.

So in closing think before you post, if a company like Amazon fixes the issue with no issues than is a rant really needed?

One example a close friend wanted a Priv, I did not have one at work to give him.He is on a limited budget, so he went on E bay. Purchased a new unlocked GMS 100-2. Great one problem, while it works on AT&T in certain areas it did not. He contacted the seller, no real response. He went to Ebay.....poof they stepped in and the phone went back and money was returned. A little patience goes a long way and reputations don't get dinged for nothing.
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 07-27-17 at 08:07 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-17 07:47 AM
    I do think the "age of social media" has put much more pressure on manufactures and retailers to get things right. When they don't, it gets noticed by many more folks.

As for the rants, you spend $600 on something and it arrives "not perfect", then even if the return process is great... that person is still going to be unhappy for days. Agree patience is important, but you aren't going to change how people feel when the are disappointed. Especially in this age of instant gratification.
    TGR1 likes this.
    07-27-17 09:50 AM
    Holy **** you are defending TCL!? : ). My smallness can't take it. Darn you darn you buddy.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-27-17 12:25 PM
    Many of the complainers have never known a world without smartphones and instant gratification. Their parents never disciplined them for fear of "society" condemning them to the point of criminal charges or mere allegations of "abuse."

(signed) Dr. Nick, Springfield Hospital.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-27-17 12:33 PM
    I do think the "age of social media" has put much more pressure on manufactures and retailers to get things right. When they don't, it gets noticed by many more folks.

As for the rants, you spend $600 on something and it arrives "not perfect", then even if the return process is great... that person is still going to be unhappy for days. Agree patience is important, but you aren't going to change how people feel when the are disappointed. Especially in this age of instant gratification.
    You are right, but the lets go Postal right away just shows how bad we have become. I also think its because we are in the age of the spoiled brat...........yes 600 bucks is a large sum of money, but to trash a retailer or manufacturer is well..................
    07-27-17 05:02 PM
    Many of the complainers have never known a world without smartphones and instant gratification. Their parents never disciplined them for fear of "society" condemning them to the point of criminal charges or mere allegations of "abuse."

Do'h
    07-27-17 05:03 PM
    Holy **** you are defending TCL!? : ). My smallness can't take it. Darn you darn you buddy.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    I love my Passport and they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.........Woof!
    07-27-17 05:04 PM
    You are right, but the lets go Postal right away just shows how bad we have become. I also think its because we are in the age of the spoiled brat...........yes 600 bucks is a large sum of money, but to trash a retailer or manufacturer is well..................
    $600 is a lot of money and people should expect quality for their money, but I do understand what you're saying. I have an Idol 4s made by TCL and the quality is very high. This was probably their first attempt at a PKB phone which may be the difference. Either way, support is what will see them through. If they stand behind their product and make good with the customer, all of this will be forgotten in time.
    anon(9742832) and Bbnivende like this.
    07-27-17 05:15 PM
    The OP is wrong - people should complain instantly and to as many people as possible.

Consumers should hound companies and be willing to swap to another product at the drop of a hat. CEOs should go to bed worried what tomorrow will bring.

The outcomes would be much better for consumers than the sort of bovine behaviour we see on fan forums.
    maltesh and TGR1 like this.
    07-28-17 01:38 AM
    I think the rants against TCL are just pent up frustration with BlackBerry on the whole. For years they've been screwing up and making countless errors. I think the hope was that now that the actual phone business was out of their hands and in the hands of TCL that things would improve. What we've essentially got is a company that doesn't advertise, ships out a product that has a massive defect, a ridiculously bad launch event, and a page right out of BlackBerry's playbook with a delay of the phone.

All of these things just come to a head and people want to rant about it. CrackBerry actually is the place to do it, since this entire site is sponsored by TCL and they are supposed to have a presence in here (although you don't really hear much out of them anymore).
    Bbnivende and johnsliderbb like this.
    07-28-17 11:13 AM
    The only BlackBerry device I ever had manufacturing problems with was my old q10 the thing had hypersensitive keys and made typing on that little keypad a nightmare. I'm sure many people who have already had the new keyone for months will go on for the expected lifespan of the phone with no issues whatsoever.

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    07-28-17 11:55 AM
    The OP is wrong - people should complain instantly and to as many people as possible.

Consumers should hound companies and be willing to swap to another product at the drop of a hat. CEOs should go to bed worried what tomorrow will bring.

The outcomes would be much better for consumers than the sort of bovine behaviour we see on fan forums.
    That's what's wrong today, hound a company. Even before it can respond to an issue....really? Wait for the day you are on the other side.
    07-28-17 02:06 PM
    I really think TCL and Blackberry just need to come out with an official press release and let folks know they are are going to take care of the phones with the screen lift and also let folks who might be on the fence what build dates the newer models with the screen fix are?

I have been self employed 20 years and have always have a solid relationship with my clients because I shoot from the hip and let them know if I make a mistake, I admit it and it will be corrected and I not changing my ways any time soon.

Honestly is the best policy and can go a long way to having a successful business. Just my two cents.
    07-28-17 04:54 PM
    I really think TCL and Blackberry just need to come out with an official press release and let folks know they are are going to take care of the phones with the screen lift and also let folks who might be on the fence what build dates the newer models with the screen fix are?

I have been self employed 20 years and have always have a solid relationship with my clients because I shoot from the hip and let them know if I make a mistake, I admit it and it will be corrected and I not changing my ways any time soon.

Honestly is the best policy and can go a long way to having a successful business. Just my two cents.
    Your right 100%, one needs to look know further than the Tylenol issues of the 80s. Yes it was not the fault of the company but could have hurt them deeply. Yet they got right out front, and they came out just fine. TCL should pay heed to it.
    bakron1 and TGR1 like this.
    07-28-17 05:09 PM
    Your right 100%, one needs to look know further than the Tylenol issues of the 80s. Yes it was not the fault of the company but could have hurt them deeply. Yet they got right out front, and they came out just fine. TCL should pay heed to it.
    Amen sir.
    07-28-17 05:14 PM
    Amen sir.
    Woof!
    07-28-17 05:24 PM
    Honestly outside of CrackBerry is this screen issue really hurting TCL? I bet if I polled 100 people on the street and asked them what they think about the screen lift issue of the KEYone, 0 of them would have any idea what I was talking about. Making a statement only brings more attention to it. Quietly addressing it, while not ideal for those in here who want to know they are getting a fixed one, seems to be the best way to handle it.

Why call attention to an issue that the majority of people don't know about? If this was Apple or Samsung, then yes, they would have to get in front of it. TCL doesn't really need to because the lack of promotion and awareness of this phone is next to zero.
    07-30-17 08:57 AM

General statement? Or for BlackBerry related smartphones?

I'd guess most of the people complaining about the KEYone can remember a world without smartphones since those who can't probably have an iPhone or one of the bigger Android manufacturers.
    07-30-17 09:03 AM

Honesty is certainly best policy, but way too many consumers are determined to be angry. From what I've seen, acknowledging issues turns from an issue of transparency to perceived manufacturer incompetence. There is never a right way to do anything to those who are determined to justify how their anger.
    07-30-17 09:09 AM
    No one should put out money for a product that is defective or broken. Social media has helped consumers with many problems by getting the word out. You can Google any issue and there will be tons of articles on your problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 01:01 PM
    It just goes to show how fabulous most of our lives must be for something like this to become so deeply, deeply hurtful and life altering.

As per everything else in my life, if I encounter an issue, I calmly work the problem until it's resolved. The type of rhetoric and hyperbole I see today from the "now" generation makes me shake my head.
    07-30-17 01:23 PM
    I read in one of the many threads here about the screen issue that how TCL is handling this could be called damage control.

TCl put out one statement that they would correct the issue and cover phones with the warranty. If they put out further statements, those would invite more negative publicity.

Maybe for us customers, we think it should be different, but its their company.
    07-30-17 02:25 PM
    I get your point and agree that far too many now suffer from affluenza and the desire for Youtube infamy, but I would also argue that for every J&J there are too many Uniteds, who would not have done the right thing without being publicly outed or shamed or exposed. I would offer body cams for police forces as another example.

I fully support being sensible and aware, from both ends.
    07-31-17 12:12 PM
    I get your point and agree that far too many now suffer from affluenza and the desire for Youtube infamy, but I would also argue that for every J&J there are too many Uniteds, who would not have done the right thing without being publicly outed or shamed or exposed. I would offer body cams for police forces as another example.

I fully support being sensible and aware, from both ends.
    I agree yes there are times you need to go public, the problem is people now view that as a weapon. Look no further than the various web sites dedicated to boycotts. People have no idea why but once it starts poof..............its a cause. I just think people should first try contacted the seller or company. Then if you get no response then lets talk. But to hit the red button before a company can respond just shows the childish nature we have become.

One other thought most of these people have never made a decision in there lives or run a company. Once you are on the other side or make a decision that you must defend its a different world, than an anonymous posting.
    07-31-17 12:45 PM
    I agree yes there are times you need to go public, the problem is people now view that as a weapon. Look no further than the various web sites dedicated to boycotts. People have no idea why but once it starts poof..............its a cause. I just think people should first try contacted the seller or company. Then if you get no response then lets talk. But to hit the red button before a company can respond just shows the childish nature we have become.

One other thought most of these people have never made a decision in there lives or run a company. Once you are on the other side or make a decision that you must defend its a different world, than an anonymous posting.
    I totally agree with everything that you said throughout this thread. However, you probably already understand that those of us that have some common sense are already old enough to remember all those examples that you cited. The other 95% of the people that you were referring to, don't have a clue. 99.99999% of them have no idea what a Pinto is, other than a mexican bean. Or the Tylenol mess. Or going Postal. Now if we could only get them to drink the Kool Aid!
    Oh, that 100-2 Priv that your friend had, if that was the correct model, it's the Verizon version. Won't work some of the time on AT&T.
    08-01-17 12:51 PM
26 12