Why does the browser have an option for selecting a "default search provider"? Is there some browser shortcut for searching on line?
    08-21-10 04:46 PM
    its fairly self explanatory. you can set the browers search window in the Go To screen to be either Google, Yahoo, Live search, Wikipedia or Dictionary.com. its for a quick search without having to goto one of those search engines. the option just sets the default one you want to use.
    08-21-10 04:53 PM
    its fairly self explanatory. you can set the browers search window in the Go To screen to be either Google, Yahoo, Live search, Wikipedia or Dictionary.com. its for a quick search without having to goto one of those search engines. the option just sets the default one you want to use.
    Wonderful! Thank you. I never noticed that. I almost never use the Go To option. I will now.
    08-21-10 04:57 PM
    the goto screen is like the main screen i try to start from. it shows recent pages, bookmarks and the url bar.
    08-21-10 05:00 PM
    the goto screen is like the main screen i try to start from. it shows recent pages, bookmarks and the url bar.
    I usually start on my bookmarks page. Once in awhile I would press the browser keyboard shortcut "G" to get to Go To, but I really only went there for history ... Never really noticed that search bar. I'll be pressing G more often.
    08-21-10 05:06 PM
    I default to Google, but if I use another engine, my default has to be re-established. Annoying.
    Have you set the one you wanted in your browser's option settings, or do you just use the drop down menu on the Go To page?
    08-21-10 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD