Hi,

How do I specify which is the default phone number in the address book ? For several of my contacts BB uses a different number as the default from what I'd like. I have having to select the correct number every time. I could not find a way to set the default number.

Anyone knows how to do this ?
    12-15-07 09:53 AM
    I don't know but would also love an answer
    12-15-07 09:54 AM
    The default is always 1.) Work 2.) Home 3.) Mobile. There is now way to change this.
    12-15-07 09:57 AM
    That is stupid. Given that they have so many options for everything else, I would have expected something this simple to have been there.
    12-15-07 10:52 AM
    That is kinda weak but a work around may be to add a second entry for the people you call the most with the default number you want as their work number. If you can get this entry to be listed above the other one in your book with their work number listed it would make getting to it pretty quick.

I found out when I transfered all of my sim numbers to my BB that I didn't need to have a separate entry for Aaron, Aaron work, Aaron cell etc. It is nicer to have the organization of all the info under one entry, but for convenience of hitting the default number you want by...um...default, it might be worth it.
    12-15-07 06:07 PM
    Hi,

How do I specify which is the default phone number in the address book ? For several of my contacts BB uses a different number as the default from what I'd like. I have having to select the correct number every time. I could not find a way to set the default number.

Anyone knows how to do this ?
    Why not use speed dials?
    12-15-07 06:46 PM
    You can make work be the 1st number that comes up in the list by deleting all numbers but the one you want default. Save it. Then got back in and enter the home and cell phone separate and save. Try it, work will be the first one that comes up.
    12-29-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD