On Dec 11, BB10 is suppose to go gold release canidate. The OS should be complete and stable. I was wondering does this mean we should discover more about what potential interactions the OS has with QNX in cars and if Skype is really part of the underlying BB10 OS? Does this mean RIM will be showing everything on Dec 11, well almost everything.
    12-06-12 09:46 AM
    No they will block the cool stuff they need to show stuff at launch all the recent leaks have been done by RIM purposely.IF they want to keep quite about something they will. We wont see cool stuff until ''that date''.
    12-06-12 09:49 AM
    On Dec 11, BB10 is suppose to go gold release canidate. The OS should be complete and stable. I was wondering does this mean we should discover more about what potential interactions the OS has with QNX in cars and if Skype is really part of the underlying BB10 OS? Does this mean RIM will be showing everything on Dec 11, well almost everything.
    You arent seeing much/anything from the current OS that RIM is not releasing, do not expect this posture to significantly change prior to launch day.
    12-06-12 09:51 AM
    That date is just for the SDK, so all we know for sure is that the various hooks for the developers are finished, it does not actually imply bb10 itself will have gone gold.
    12-06-12 09:53 AM
    The Dec 11 event is for the BB10 SDK going gold. That is only of relevence to developers.
    12-06-12 09:53 AM
    The Dec 11 event is for the BB10 SDK going gold. That is only of relevence to developers.
    Well..... kind of. BB10 OS is going gold this month as well
    12-06-12 09:55 AM
    What you'll likely see are some updated functions/bug fixes/features. As you may know, a combination of these are what lead to apps, and these apps and features are what they will show us. "Look at what we did with our OS..."
    12-06-12 11:05 AM
    even if this the gold sdk for developers, bb10 itself (as an entire os) should also be getting gold standard very very soon..even if its being shown at launch. as launch is only a few months away, I would be worried if bb10 the os was not at gold standard yet, or approaching a complete finalised product!
    12-06-12 11:26 AM
    Will/does RIM announce that BB10 OS is gold and a commercial unit has been finished?
    12-06-12 11:44 AM
    But the SDK will tell us allot about what is baked into the OS. That is what services an app can utilize - voice commands, mapping, Open GLES, memory use, storage, Direct X, live tiles etc... An excellent programmer can go through the SDK and imagine the extent of apps you can get from the OS. That could tell us a great deal about the functionality and openess of the OS.
    12-06-12 11:52 AM
    I assume that any functionality that can be hooked into by outside developers will become public. So if there is some way to hook your app into the BBM video chat feature, that will become public and we will know that there is a BBM video chat feature.
    The same would go for any functionality of a similar kind, unless they are removing some of these features and only letting them become known to developers after the release date. If that is the case, then developers will have to wait until afterwards to start developing or testing the full application.
    12-06-12 11:58 AM
    Will/does RIM announce that BB10 OS is gold and a commercial unit has been finished?
    No they will likely not. Jan 30th they will hold a huge event and will discuss all of this. The OS will be going gold soon.
    12-06-12 12:02 PM
    RIM has pretty much been an open book when it comes to BB10. Release day will be fun and exciting, and maybe there will be a few additional native apps that will come standard on the device. But don't go expecting anything earth shattering or something you've never seen before with the device. I am hoping that they will announce the App World overhaul, New Video & Music & Book content and cloud services to store all your content.

As a side note I saw a Samsung ad on TV for a new phone... they were highlighting a feature that looked a lot like "peak & flow" type functionality.
    12-06-12 12:02 PM
    My guess is that the gold remains with rim until the full launch post 30 Jan

However, I have a slight feeling, a very slight one that dev alpha c will reveal something

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    12-06-12 12:05 PM