It certainly is.

Funny you should mention the camera. That was a huge issue
    for my mother. There better be one and it better be good.

My nieces and nephews are starting their families so she HAS to
    be able to get pics and send them instantly. The woman lives by MMS
    10-19-09 12:02 PM
    Lol me too. I send quick pics to family in san fran all the time. They send me ocean and surf pics weekly. How's the Storm 1? I have tmo so I thought about picking up a used unlocked one now that the storm 2 is coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:22 PM
    To be honest, email is one of the lesser things I do on my Blackberry as well. But I love the keyboard- it makes texting so much more enjoyable. I keep my shopping lists on it, I use Socialscope for Twitter and Facebook. I use Viigo for news updates. To me, even though I don't use it primarily for what its famous for, it does a better job than anything else out there. So, if the expense of the plan isn't the driving force, I say- treat yourself! It's 'intended usage' is whatever you (the user) determine it to be.
    Agree 100%! My BB is not company issued, it's strictly personal. Although I have email sent to it, that is not my primary reason to have the phone. I use it for BBM, the password keeper, memo pad (shopping lists, book lists, song lists etc.), calendar and all sorts of web functions as well as email. The list is endless really! The question is: What do you want your BB to be used for? Whatever your answer is then as Lulugirl says then that is "it's intended usage". It's a great phone so instead of questioning if you're using it for it's intended usage - just enjoy it!

BTW - If you got rid of your phone then how would you post to CB or would you even be here? Surely, that alone should make you want to keep your BB .
    10-19-09 01:07 PM
    I can tell you what I would do. I'd keep a Blackberry. I don't like touchscreens... even the ATMs make me nervous... LOL.. I do have friends who email me a lot so that's why I want a phone/device with a keyboard.

I love being able to have so much contact info on my peeps on my Blackberry. I don't know if the same thing is possible with the iPhone.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 10-19-09 at 01:18 PM.
    10-19-09 01:15 PM
    I like touchscreens. I think they're the future of all electronics. Even RIM stepped up their game with the Storm 2 and the new berries coming out with the trackpad. I'm content now with having my berry and not being a corporate person. If I'm a poser than so be it. I still want to play around with the Storm. Seems like the bigger screen is more suited for plan time recreation.

10-19-09 01:49 PM
    There is no longer a definable BlackBerry user.
    Very true... we all use our BlackBerry for different purposes. Its nice having a device that can handle so many different things well.
    10-19-09 01:58 PM
    Just use your berry more. Problem solved.

10-19-09 01:59 PM
    Touchscreens vs. Keyboards.. its great that we have both choices with BlackBerry!
    10-19-09 02:03 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD