I think the BBM Channels had good intent when they started them, but the popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter have embedded themselves into the popular culture so this should have been expected. Just my two cents.
    Too little, too late..... Channels back eight years ago, would have been received very differently.
    01-19-16 07:20 AM
    Channels...sure but not the app. We have an entire division who uses the app.
    01-19-16 08:40 AM
    I've notice that most of the channels I subscribe to have had to turn off comments due to spam.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 08:44 AM
    We have to realise that BBM Channels was a flop. The same is going to happen with BBM. Just a few of us (including myself) still believe in BBM and use. On the other hand, BlackBerry doesn't care at all with BBM. Do BlackBerry still have a team working for BBM? Don't think so and it's time to start thinking about a good alternative. The same goes for the handsets. Just because a bunch of us like me are too addicted to blackberry and don't want to see that the end it's near. Sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 11:07 AM
    It gets harder and harder to support this company. A great feature of BBM that simply has gone to waste. Barely supported smh

Posted via CB10
    I think it should have launched as a seperate app might have stood a better chance
    01-19-16 11:27 AM
    BBM? For communication? channels? Seriously??? People still use this? Man, it would be way too embarrassing to even suggest BBM as a communication tool in America today. You might as well say... call me, here's my landline number.....
    01-19-16 12:01 PM
    I think the BBM Channels had good intent when they started them, but the popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter have embedded themselves into the popular culture so this should have been expected. Just my two cents.
    Just like iOS and Android have embedded themselves into popular culture.
    01-19-16 01:04 PM
    Just like iOS and Android have embedded themselves into popular culture.
    That's also true, but as long as there are diehards like myself and some of my friends who still use a Blackberry, we will survive.
    01-19-16 01:05 PM
    Does BlackBerry really still use this phrase?
    Does Apple still tell their customers that they are holding their phones wrong? Does Apple still say that they won't build a phone larger than 4 inches?

If the answer to any of these is 'no', then you shouldn't be referring to any of them in the present tense.
    Was just trying to leapfrog the competition...
    JeepBB, Rello, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    01-19-16 01:13 PM
    Too little, too late..... Channels back eight years ago, would have been received very differently.
    I suspect this is correct.
    01-19-16 01:14 PM
    That's also true, but as long as there are diehards like myself and some of my friends who still use a Blackberry, we will survive.
    True, just pointing out why it was impossible for BB10 to gain traction. It's difficult to overtake or gain on things so ingrained and popular.
    01-19-16 01:17 PM
    I can't even find any "professional" channels anymore that have anything updated. I think Time and Mercedes-Benz (F1 team and the company) are the only two that regularly still provide updates. Tempted to unfollow them, as I think just having the feeds pull their updates is robbing like, 1% of my battery life a day when I can simply use Twitter like I do for everyone else.
    01-19-16 01:18 PM
    I think it should have launched as a seperate app might have stood a better chance
    I don't know. It's already hard getting people to download anything BlackBerry. Having it wrapped in the BBM app gave it a decent chance but u can't introduce something that's already many years behind other social media giants and then only bring literally like 3 improvements to it and expect it to succeed lol

I don't think BlackBerry understands how bad their public image is. They gotta stop half baking everything. They need some products that are undeniably great out the gate to rebuild their credibility in the consumer market

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    01-19-16 05:58 PM
    Was just trying to leapfrog the competition...
    Ha I bet many don't remember this one

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 05:58 PM
    The lack of multiple administrator, an easy way to block spammers, connect to other social media and a WEB VIEWER, it is incredible that you can only share a post with another BBM user, you should be able to share a post to other social media or a link to a web viewer of the channel, that would also promote the channels.

But still I hope they add up to all of this, I still think channels are very useful, worth to be saved.
    01-19-16 06:30 PM
    BBM? For communication? channels? Seriously??? People still use this? Man, it would be way too embarrassing to even suggest BBM as a communication tool in America today. You might as well say... call me, here's my landline number.....
    You really should get more confidence in yourself if you would be embarrassed to suggest BBM or that you had a landline.

BBM actually works fantastic. Crystal clear calling, great messaging and excellent video.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 08:45 PM
    I think BlackBerry will keep BBM but focus on using it for corporate communications. Big security advantage and that's something the company can sell.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 08:49 PM
    No, but some Crackberrians do. I think that's the point. Nothing to take too serious.
    You sure about that? The only time I hear that phrase is in jest, repeated many times by ever so valued and esteemed contributers to these threads.

I actually never seen the ads BlackBerry put out with this phase as I was using one of the 'toys' at the time, but it does sound like another genius marketing scheme that only BlackBerry could come up with. Regardless, it was the previous regime at BlackBerry that authorized that and Alicia Keys and neither has been used in the Chen Era. This is one of those rare occasions where no marketing is better than genius marketing. Still doesn't explain the Priv name though.... ugh!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-19-16 09:00 PM
    BlackBerry never finish anything. Playbook OS, BB10, BlackBerry World, BBM Music, BBM Channels, BlackBerry Experience Suite, launching the Priv. I'm sure there are plenty more, but it's a chronic problem.
    Sadly true.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 11:15 PM
    Public perception, and advertising, they really suck at those and its killing them. I think maybe they rely on word of mouth toooooo much.
    01-20-16 06:18 AM
    You sure about that? The only time I hear that phrase is in jest, repeated many times by ever so valued and esteemed contributers to these threads.

I actually never seen the ads BlackBerry put out with this phase as I was using one of the 'toys' at the time, but it does sound like another genius marketing scheme that only BlackBerry could come up with. Regardless, it was the previous regime at BlackBerry that authorized that and Alicia Keys and neither has been used in the Chen Era. This is one of those rare occasions where no marketing is better than genius marketing. Still doesn't explain the Priv name though.... ugh!

Posted via CB10
    It was a few years back and brought about the "getting things done", and "itoy" comments that became prevalent in here. A few still cling to it but most realize it's old and outdated. As far as Priv, I don't get a good enough feel of what most people think of the name. I am interested to see what sales are like and if it's helping them to stabilize.
    01-20-16 07:21 AM
    unpossible! Bb owners don't have leisure time! They way too busy being "productive" and "getting things done!" tools not toys, man!

Lol.
    all work and no play makes jack a dull boy!!!!
    01-20-16 09:31 AM
    We have to realise that BBM Channels was a flop. The same is going to happen with BBM. Just a few of us (including myself) still believe in BBM and use. On the other hand, BlackBerry doesn't care at all with BBM. Do BlackBerry still have a team working for BBM? Don't think so and it's time to start thinking about a good alternative. The same goes for the handsets. Just because a bunch of us like me are too addicted to blackberry and don't want to see that the end it's near. Sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    Hate to tell you but BBM has strong presence and very effectively used in Indonesia and Nigeria and some other countries.
    01-20-16 09:35 AM
    Hate to tell you but BBM has strong presence and very effectively used in Indonesia and Nigeria and some other countries.
    That may be true, but as we've seen with device sales, there are usually some stronghold markets that BlackBerry keeps a strong presence in for awhile, but the global trend toward other brands eventually reaches those markets and you see BlackBerry's marketshare drop quickly. That may or may not hold true with messaging, but I suspect it will. If you're Nigerian or Indonesian and want to chat with someone in almost any other country, they probably use Whatsapp. And that's how it starts.
    01-20-16 09:58 AM
    2 out of 196 countries?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    01-20-16 10:13 AM
108 ... 2345