BBM Team- Give us the old BBM. The light one without that all SAD stuff.
    Cancel Channels, stickers. Give us BBM Pro!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    01-17-16 02:54 PM
    Well at least stickers are alive and well!!
    "Gettin things done"!
    01-17-16 03:06 PM
    They have a point. I had to change my channel to Canada only to stop the PINs. But I've grown tired of it. Haven't regularly updated it in months.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    It's true...hell, all you need is to look at a tapatalk unread thread screen for crack berry and you'll see nothing but guys posting pins looking for girls and will spam everything with the exact same post demanding pins. It's been annoying for years and it's the same as channels. That a major tech blog is saying it just illustrates the problem even more...
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-17-16 03:12 PM
    Channels never really had a chance. It was a new social network limited to BBM users
    I agree.

It was late and targeted a declining demographic. Competition was too far ahead.
    bakron1 and Jay Wright2 like this.
    01-17-16 03:20 PM
    PIN spam and (random, unrelated) PIN requests...

Isn't there a way of blocking this (on BlackBerry's side), at least repeat posts? No idea whether there's a solution to this. You try to have a sensible discussion, and someone gatecrashes with his PIN and offer to have intercourse (verbal or other) of some kind... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-17-16 03:44 PM
    It's true...hell, all you need is to look at a tapatalk unread thread screen for crack berry and you'll see nothing but guys posting pins looking for girls and will spam everything with the exact same post demanding pins. It's been annoying for years and it's the same as channels. That a major tech blog is saying it just illustrates the problem even more...
    So true. BBM groups have been like that for years. Only about 1% of them were anything serious.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-17-16 03:52 PM
    What's your pin?

Sorry I could resist.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-17-16 04:10 PM
    Worst part is, some of the controls in place to help with spam.... don't actually work. There's a method to make use of that essentially makes your account unable to be blocked from a Channel. Not going to describe it, but it's possible. Sucks when those spamming you with nonsense can't even be blocked.
    01-17-16 04:56 PM
    What's your pin?

Sorry I could resist.
    Jerk. Lol
    01-17-16 05:31 PM
    Worst part is, some of the controls in place to help with spam.... don't actually work. There's a method to make use of that essentially makes your account unable to be blocked from a Channel. Not going to describe it, but it's possible. Sucks when those spamming you with nonsense can't even be blocked.
    Seriously? WOW.

Just wow.
    01-17-16 05:32 PM
    Well at least stickers are alive and well!!
    Yet you can't search the Shop. . .

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 05:37 PM
    Seriously? WOW.

Just wow.
    Yeah. Generally those who do nothing but spam end up magically blocked on the system somehow anyway, but if you're looking for a 'quick fix' sometimes it's simply just not possible. It'll just spit an error saying 'error blocking this user' or something like that.
    reeneebob and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-17-16 05:42 PM
    BBM Channels: perhaps the only BBM product to be neglected more than the PlayBook.
    reeneebob and BerryRipe like this.
    01-17-16 06:58 PM
    Channels have been a joke since inception. Posting photos and comments and that's about it. Joke.
    01-18-16 04:31 AM
    Death of BBM Channels???-pinhead_07.jpg

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    01-18-16 06:38 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pinhead_07.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	388133

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    Hahahahahahha, well done.
    01-18-16 07:06 AM
    BBM Channels: perhaps the only BBM product to be neglected more than the PlayBook.
    Sad but true.... I think within a few months it was clear that cross platform BBM wasn't going to become some new social media phenomenon.... and thus Channels had no hope of developing the user base necessary to make it a successful advertising medium. Thus Chen included it in his budget cutting.... the big question is why does it still exists? I agree with others, streamlining BBM might make it a more powerful application....
    neoberry99 and BerryRipe like this.
    01-18-16 07:29 AM
    I like the channels but BlackBerry never exactly developed a good explanation or reason why to use this feature. Kevin touched upon this one time.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-18-16 08:08 AM
    Channels have been a joke since inception. Posting photos and comments and that's about it. Joke.
    Surely you can't be serious?
    Death of BBM Channels???-img_20160118_090906_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 08:11 AM
    Ironically, I still enjoy BBM Channels; it's one of the first "go to" morning "leisure" app I view while having my coffee. My guess is that it all depends on what channels you follow.
    Nevertheless OP might be right with his/her observations.
    ultra07 likes this.
    01-18-16 09:26 AM
    I like the photo channels. There is a really good one about Romania. One guy had daily pics from Paris that were good. He rarely posts anymore, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 10:13 AM
    Ironically, I still enjoy BBM Channels; it's one of the first "go to" morning "leisure" app I view while having my coffee. My guess is that it all depends on what channels you follow.
    Nevertheless OP might be right with his/her observations.
    Unpossible! BB owners don't have leisure time! They way too busy being "productive" and "getting things done!" Tools not toys, man!

LOL.
    01-18-16 11:31 AM
    I like the photo channels. There is a really good one about Romania. One guy had daily pics from Paris that were good. He rarely posts anymore, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what we're saying. No updates on Channels and so Channel owners easily get discouraged cos they have hassles doing the things they'd love to do in order to develop the Channel. Plus, you then get many spammers coming on making silly requests for pins. It becomes so easy to just close or abandon the Channel.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 12:18 PM
    I have an autism channel and try to post regularly about real things that I find important. I have connected with real people and have had some great discussions. I have found my channel therapeutic in a way even. I think there's promise for this type of thing but at this point I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-18-16 12:45 PM
    Unpossible! BB owners don't have leisure time! They way too busy being "productive" and "getting things done!" Tools not toys, man!

LOL.
    Comments like that are kind of trollish. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 likes this.
    01-18-16 01:04 PM
108 1234 ...