Check out the Marketplace, we often have good deals:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...mobile-735132/
    sleepngbear and jkrc717 like this.
    08-12-12 01:48 PM
    No warranty, no insurance.
    How exactly is it that you don't have it under warranty? Didn't the 9900 get released on T-Mo Sept of last year? Your phone should barely still be covered under T-Mo�s one year warranty.
    08-12-12 02:41 PM
    If your bold is not repairable and you can't afford an older Bold to replace it short term, there is always the Curve series of devices.

I bought my as a "cheap upgrade" while I wait for BB10. I'm quite happy with it.

I'm not telling you what to do, OP, it's just that the Curves are often overlooked.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 03:30 PM
    I'm not really complaining or bashing RIM. My phone is messed up and I'm disappointed/frustrated.

I apologize to those who are offended by me starting a new thread. I feel like this post doesn't belong in the "Leaving RIM" threads. It's a post. It's not causing you any harm.

Why should I have to downgrade because of RIM's mistakes?

I do appreciate everyones advice.

However, waiting 6 months or more is a long time to wait.
    You are complaining and bashing RIM.

You didn't buy insurance, yet you call your problems "RIM's mistakes?

Your situation may be "sad" to you but it sounds like hundreds of other stories in the "Leaving RIM" thread, which is exactly the correct place for you to have posted your bash.

Its not RIM's fault that you don't want to downgrade or wait for BB10.

Advice: get a used BB until BB10 comes out.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-12-12 05:35 PM
    I think I can appreciate the OP's position here. If my phone went mostly unusable, I'd be scrambling for a replacement, and I most likely wouldn't be too happy about it. I have an older Curve 3G as a backup, but it isn't half the device my 9900 is. I think you've got a few options available that don't require leaving the BB fold, or you can take the opportunity to explore other platforms while waiting for BB10. Hope you're back in business soon either way.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-12-12 06:26 PM
    The weird part of this story is the "I have to jump ship line."

If you are on T-Mobile, you won't get a cheap phone from them, so ANY phone you get is gonna cost some money.

Hmmmm. Strange.

Oh well.
    08-12-12 06:48 PM
    Later homie. Hope you find something you like.
    08-12-12 08:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD