My beloved Bold 9900 (The greatest phone ever) has malfunctioned. There is no amount of battery pulls that will fix the problem.

I can still make and receive calls, but that is all it's able to do and I have to do it touch screen.

I need a new phone ASAP.

I think I can hold out for another month being that all these new flag ship phones are rumored to be available in Sept.

I cannot wait until after the new year to get Blackberry 10. I also don't know if it's Jan, Feb or even March.

I despise touch screens, but I have no choice. Even if I was able to wait, the first BB10 phone is going to be an all touch screen device.

I also cannot afford to pay $500-$600 bucks for the phone when it does come out. I am not going to ruin my credit or pat some $300 cancellation fee either.

Rim, your asking us all for a lot.

I understand you don't want to release it until it's perfect. I get that. However, there is no excuse. If Microsoft, Apple, Samsung etc can do it then you can do it to. Or hire someone who can.

This is a perfect example or you losing customers and why RIM is hanging by a thread.

I love Blackberry. There is nothing more I want than the BB10 with physical keyboard.

My hands are tied and I cannot put my life on hold or do anything that is very inconvenient for me just to make you happy.

Goodbye RIM. It's a sad day.
    08-12-12 02:26 AM
    The keyboard quit working? What happened to the phone?
    08-12-12 02:32 AM
    RIM has announced the BB10 touch and keyboard models will be announced together so you shouldn't have to wait longer for the keyboard one.

So what happened to the phone? Is it damaged? If not I'd wipe it completely and reload the OS and assuming you've kept a backup that might do the trick.
    08-12-12 02:51 AM
    If it under warranty, send it back under a warranty repair, as long as it a hardware failure and not damage.

Don't you have insurance either ?

Posting on the go
    08-12-12 02:53 AM
    Buy a used 9780. No need to jump ship if you don't want to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Michelle Haag and Mr_Comet like this.
    08-12-12 03:16 AM
    OK....anyone been watching the olympics?

Sent from.....the future.
    08-12-12 04:31 AM
    Buy a used 9780. No need to jump ship if you don't want to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly.. why not use another older Blackberry that you can buy for a low price?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-12-12 05:06 AM
    He's already made up his mind. Peace out enjoy your new phone
    08-12-12 07:18 AM
    Just pick up a use one and stick around for a while!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 07:28 AM
    OP mentioned only with the touchscreen, so it is a hardware malfunction? if so i'm sure its not that expensive to replace the keyboard/membrane. But well, since it seems OP has already decided, I'm sure no matter what we say it won't matter.

I just want to say, there's a thread for this. There is no point in creating a thread just to say you are leaving, unless OP has a question to ask, which he doesn't.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    08-12-12 07:34 AM
    Is it still under warranty?
    08-12-12 09:35 AM
    Everything stopped working except making and receiving calls...and keyboard doesn't work as well? Sounds like water damage I'd wager. OP, do what you have to do and good luck with your choice.
    08-12-12 09:40 AM
    I think the op knows he can get the phone fixed or can buy a used temporary replacement. The problem with the phone is he spilled whine all over it. And, yes, I spelled that exactly the way I intended to.
    08-12-12 09:44 AM
    I am by no means an expert, but you can buy a 3$ toolkit off of ebay and buy a parts phone, maybe one with a broken screen. Make the repair yourself. There are all kinds of tutorials on youtube. Keyboards, screens, etc are fairly easy to replace. If your circuit board has water damage, use the screen to replace on the other unit.
    08-12-12 10:28 AM
    My beloved Bold 9900 (The greatest phone ever) has malfunctioned. There is no amount of battery pulls that will fix the problem.

I can still make and receive calls, but that is all it's able to do and I have to do it touch screen.

I need a new phone ASAP.

I think I can hold out for another month being that all these new flag ship phones are rumored to be available in Sept.

I cannot wait until after the new year to get Blackberry 10. I also don't know if it's Jan, Feb or even March.

I despise touch screens, but I have no choice. Even if I was able to wait, the first BB10 phone is going to be an all touch screen device.

I also cannot afford to pay $500-$600 bucks for the phone when it does come out. I am not going to ruin my credit or pat some $300 cancellation fee either.

Rim, your asking us all for a lot.

I understand you don't want to release it until it's perfect. I get that. However, there is no excuse. If Microsoft, Apple, Samsung etc can do it then you can do it to. Or hire someone who can.

This is a perfect example or you losing customers and why RIM is hanging by a thread.

I love Blackberry. There is nothing more I want than the BB10 with physical keyboard.

My hands are tied and I cannot put my life on hold or do anything that is very inconvenient for me just to make you happy.

This is a statement. The OP has no intention of answering any possible solutions. I personally, do not care what phone he gets, but his whining is intolerable.
    SCrid2000, kbz1960 and Mr.Monty like this.
    08-12-12 10:40 AM
    Get an iPhone I've never had an issue w mine!
    Hey that's cool. Never had an issue with my bb either.
    08-12-12 10:48 AM
    Why does it bother you if he makes a thread? I don't understand why u through that RUDE remark in there....oh yeah probably b c he said he is leaving BB. Get a life!
    There was NOTHING rude in the post you quoted. Your "Get a life" comment however IS.
    BTW, it is "THREW"

Get an iPhone I've never had an issue w mine!
    Let's see which the community thinks is worse: Imagined rudeness or actual trolling.
    08-12-12 10:51 AM
    Good grief. It's a phone. The only "sad" thing here is how much grief the malfunctioning of it has caused you, seeing as how there's still plenty of options for you to continue communicating with people just as effectively.
    08-12-12 11:09 AM
    Report as a RIM bash. There are plenty of threads complaining that BB10 isn't out. People need to stop complaining already.
    08-12-12 11:21 AM

It is indeed a sad day, a sad day for you, because your inner conscience has won out, and sold you out. Like the other posters have said, you couldve had your "beloved" BlackBerry fixed,or replaced, or at the very least replaced with a lesser BlackBerry to hold you over until BlackBerry 10 arrives. You've jumped ship (like you've really wanted to all along) and you're trying to ease your conscious of it by blaming RIM.

If my BlackBerry killed itself right now, I would simply go out and buy another one. If I couldnt afford it right now, I would wait until I could afford it

....but thats just me
    08-12-12 12:06 PM
    This post is the very reason I hold on to my old BBs after upgrading. You just never know...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-12-12 12:19 PM
    These are phones, people. What's with all the "sad" threads?
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-12-12 12:25 PM
    I'm not really complaining or bashing RIM. My phone is messed up and I'm disappointed/frustrated.

I apologize to those who are offended by me starting a new thread. I feel like this post doesn't belong in the "Leaving RIM" threads. It's a post. It's not causing you any harm.

I did not ask a question. I probably should have asked something at the end like "anyone have any advice?".

The keyboard does not work properly. I have tons of problems. I suspect that it's all hardware.

I tried wiping, deleting apps, downgrading etc etc.. nothing works.

I did not drop it in any water or spill anything on it. It started gradually happening. Gettin worse by the day. Weird. My phone is in almost perfect condition.

No warranty, no insurance. My entire life I never had a problem with any phone so i declined insurance. Of course this would happen..lol

I looked thru ebay and craigslist and what not to find a replacement phone. Even the older phones are not exactly cheap. Unless someone can point me out to some.

This is also part of why I said I don't want to put my life on hold or cause myself any inconvenience. I know that probably sounds a little dramatic. What I mean is that I enjoy the perks of having the latest phone. Why should I have to downgrade because of RIM's mistakes?

I didn't exactly make up my mind. I am looking for alternative ways to get around this. I do appreciate everyones advice.

The tool kit is something I'd have to look into. Sounds interesting.

Also, my phone is T-Mobile. Does anyone know if I can take it to a repair center and what the average prices might be?

In the end it is just a phone, but prefer blackberry. Everyone is different. It's about finding the smart phone thats right for you. Blackberry is right for me.

However, waiting 6 months or more is a long time to wait.

Thanks everyone.
    08-12-12 12:47 PM
    Membrane for 10 bucks

ORIGINAL OEM BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 KEYBOARD MEMBRANE PCB FLEX CABLE REPAIR | eBay

Keyboard for 6
    Black ARABIC Keyboard Keypad Unit + Tools for Blackberry 9900 9930 Bold GJKY196 | eBay

Some other piece for 3 bucks. Might need process of elimination
    ORIGINAL OEM BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 9930 KEYBOARD PCB MEMBRANE STICKER FIX REPAIR | eBay

If its the keyboard only, would cost you $20-35 to fix. Your choice.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-12-12 01:20 PM
    "Why should I have to downgrade because of RIM's mistakes?"

I'm not sure a phone having issues can be considered a mistake on RIM's part. Phones break no matter the brand, that's a simple fact. There are plenty of folks here with 99XX devices that aren't having any issues, and I'm one of them, so a "mistake" as in design flaw would affect all don't you think? Chances are your phone can be repaired, there are certainly parts available as has been pointed out already.

Besides if BlackBerry is really the device for you I expect you'll be disappointed to some level by anything else.
    08-12-12 01:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD